22

It seemed like days passed before Abigail saw someone come into the bedroom. Her hands have gone completely numb and the blood was now dried down her arms and on her clothes. There was a soft knock on the door and the doorknob turned, a short person walking into the bedroom with Abigail. The boy turns around and Abigail's eyes widen as she immediately recognized him.

  "A-Austin?" Abigail stammers, her eyes widening as she stares into the old familiar green eyes of the boy she believed was dead.

"Abigail?" Austin kneels down at Abigail's side and stares up at her, his brown hair still a mess in front of his eyes. "Oh my God, I-- He told me you were dead. What did he do to you?"

  "I thought you were dead! I watched him shoot you, Austin!" Abigail cries, tears burning in her eyes.

   "He took me to the hospital and the doctors saved me," Austin explains, sitting on the bed next to Abigail. "I barley survived for where the bullet hit, and Kyle can't keep the collar on me anymore from how fragile my heart is and for some reason he needs me alive,"

  "Why haven't I seen you before this, Austin?" Abigail narrows her eyebrows, trying her best to not move her hands around. "And why am I just seeing you now in here?"

"I'm not exactly sure," Austin licks his lips nervously as his eyes follow up Abigail's arms to the nails implanted into her hands. "Oh dear God, I-I'll go get Kyle, I can't leave you like this,"

"No Austin I'm--" Austin ignores Abigail and runs out of the bedroom, leaving the door open behind him.

Minutes pass and Austin walks back in with Henry following behind him, holding the hammer in his hand. "So I couldn't find Kyle, but Henry can manage a hammer,"

  "Henry please don't," Abigail pleads, watching Henry stand next to her holding the hammer in his hand.

  "I'm sorry honey," Henry shakes his head, sitting on the bed next to Abigail, beginning to take off his belt. He folds it in half and puts the belt into Abigail's mouth, leaning forward to Abigail's left hand. "Bite down on the belt, Abigail, I'll try to be quick,"

   Henry places the opposite side of the hammer around the nail and yanks the nail from Abigail's hand. Abigail bites down as hard as she can on the belt, tears spilling from her eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry," Henry apologizes, leaning towards Abigail's other hand. He places the back of the hammer in between the nail and pulls the nail from her hand.

  Abigail's hands fall from the side of the bed and onto the cushion, more blood spilling from her palm than before. Henry pulls the belt from Abigail's mouth and Austin stands at the side of the bed, wrapping up Abigail's hands with bandages. She begins hyperventilating from the pain, more tears dribbling down her cheeks.

   "It's okay Abigail," Austin whispers as he finishes wrapping the bandage around her left hand. "It's over, you're going to be okay," 

   Henry's shoulders slump as he sits down the hammer and his fists clenched. "Kyle can't keep doing this, I have to stop him," He whispers and walks from the bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

  "What-- What is he doing?" Abigail stammers, looking up at Austin with tears burning in her eyes.

  "I don't know, he's fine," Austin begins wrapping up her right hand with the bandage, barley noting that Henry has left the room. From the hallway there was a loud crash, then something falling down what seemed like the stairs.