𝑪𝑰𝑽. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎

Start from the beginning

Taylor nodded in agreement, rubbing at her bare arms in an attempt to warm up a bit, "...Yeah...".

He gestured over to her, shrugging out of his flannel as he grabbed a fresh one from the dresser, "I know that look. What're ye thinkin' 'bout?".

She sighed, "We're going to Alexandria.
I-I...I don't know if I can face going back there yet. It would um...it'd make me feel a lot better if me and Hailey could move in with you.".

He nodded, buttoning up his flannel, "'Course, babygirl. 'Sides, Lydia's gonna need a place te stay. We'll move into one o' the townhouses.".

She smiled, tucking a few strands of Hailey's hair behind her ears, "Thank you, dad.".

He grinned, "Yer welcome, babygirl.".

•••
-An Hour Later-

TAYLOR WALKED OUT WITH
Daryl into The Kingdom's courtyard, Hailey in her arms as the three were dressed in their winter clothes and ready for the excursion to Hilltop.

As they walked over to the breakfast tables with Jordyn, Alden, and the twins, Taylor caught Daryl's gaze as he looked over at Lydia who sat all by herself at a table.

Resting a hand on his shoulder, she handed him two plates, "One for you and one for Lydia. The both of you need to eat.".

Getting their breakfast, Alden, Jordyn, Hailey, and the twins went to sit down at one of the tables as Taylor and Daryl went to take Lydia her breakfast.

He sat down the plate in front of her as she looked up at the two, "Make sure ye eat somethin'. We gotta get these folks te Hilltop.".

He gave her a small, subtle smile before he and Taylor went to join Jordyn, Alden, Hailey, and the twins for breakfast.

As they sat down at the table to eat, Becca walked up to them, "Hey, guys.".

Taylor simply nodded, "Hey, Becca. What's up?".

Becca shrugged, "Nothin' much. Jus' uh...I uh...I talked te Kenny. He said...if things get worse, maybe we should head back down South. Maybe try our luck wit' Georgia again; or maybe even Florida. He said we should get away from the cold. Snows gonna be here soon.".

"Nah, we ain't runnin' away from our problems." Daryl argued.

"I know. Jus'...jus' a thought for if things got bad." Becca replied.

Taylor took a bite of her breakfast, "Me, mom, dad, and Chloe vacationed down there a lot. I know my way around. If it ever came to it, I'd know where to take us.".

Daryl rested a hand over her's, "We're gonna be jus' fine. We jus' gotta get through the winter months.".

She nodded, pulling her military coat closer to her, "...Okay...".

•••
-A Few Hours Later-

IT WAS TIME...

Taylor couldn't believe this would be her last time ever seeing The Kingdom...

She had grown fond of this place, it housing some of the better memories of her time in the apocalypse.