𝐋𝐈𝐗. THANK YOU

-Chapter fifty nine; Thank You-

———

TAYLOR

TAYLOR'S MIND WAS SWARMED
with questions as Daryl's motorcycle raced after the blue car.

"W-What if it is my dad?" She asked Daryl over the roar of the wind.

"We'll talk ta' him an' bring him back ta' Alexandria." He replied.

Finally, the blue car came to a slow stop, and Taylor got a better look at the car.

Sure enough, it was the same license plate her father had, and the same bold two letters 'Si' her father always prided himself in.

"...It's him..." She said to herself, all air leaving her lungs as the driver door opened.

Out stepped her father, a shocked look on his face as his eyes landed on Taylor and Daryl.

"Dad!" She cried, hopping off of Daryl's bike as she raced up to her father and hugged him.

"Oh, babygirl. You're alright. I can't believe you're alive, standing here right in front of me..." He hugged her back.

"I-It's all thanks to Daryl, dad. He's the only reason I'm still here." She said, wiping her tears.

"You really kept her save, huh? For two years you kept my daughter save just because I asked you and Merle to on a whim." Her father smiled.

Daryl shrugged, "Wasn't gonna let yer kid die.".

Chuckling, her father walked up to Daryl and hugged him, "Thanks, man. Really, I owe you my life.".

"...Don' mention it." Daryl mumbled, hugging him back.

"Shit, you've changed a lot. Long hair, looking like your tired 24/7. You goin' through another emo phase?" Her father smirked.

"Ha ha, funny." Daryl scoffed.

"Dad, we have a whole community you can come back with us. You can have your own place and everything." Taylor explained.

       "Babygirl, I would, but I can't. There's some...people, I'm having to do with, trying to stop them and keep you and your friends safe. Me going back to your community would put you all in danger. Daryl's gonna keep you safe until all this shit is sorted out." Her father explained.