saying goodbye

[author's note: thanks for all the feed bakc guys. I'm glad you like my book.]

~???~

They were hunting for the last creatures to awaken the one thing that could kill me. I’ve been trying to stop them eliminating the creatures that could awaken her but they were right behind me. I was beyond pissed. I threw a vase at the wall. I growled my men were vanishing and leaving me in fear that the warrior would awaken in her full power state. The vampires were the last ones and I had to get them extinct.

I leaned back on my throne. I tried to wipe out the Centaurs but a young boy slipped through. I tried to kill off the necromancers but they got to one in time. They had the witch and the warlock…. All they needed was the vampire but even I didn’t know where they were. I sat up straighter as a thought hit me. The warrior was still unable to wake which means I still had a chance. If I could kill the warrior I could rule without any other worries… a smirk came to my face as I got up and walked out she was unprotected right now.

~Shay~

I floated around the library as Ross and the wolves were searching the mountains for the vampire. I was sitting in the air with my legs crossed. Page was waiting at the door for Jet. “they will be back soon right?” she asked I smiled saying “Ross won’t let anyone get in the way of those men coming home.” Page nodded then Coral the siren in the bath tub asked “you talking to Shay again?” Page nodded. Samuel and Orieus were sitting in the far corner reading some old books, Diana was sitting behind Samuel having her arms around his shoulders. Everyone here was connected now… connected… we all had a connection! That’s what I was! I was a connection between all creatures and humans. I was the bridge between the people.

I was about to say what I found out when I felt something in my chest. “help..” I gasped Page turned to me and her eyes widened. “someone killing her!” I screamed out. Suddenly I was in the room where my body laid. “again!” a dark voice shouted as a man took a knife and pushed it back into my stomach. “get her throat.” The dark voice hissed. “NO!” I shouted the man pulled out the knife I gasped for air. Then he headed for my throat. A skeleton came up from the ground blocked the knife. Water came out of the bathroom and turned into Coral she took a deep breath and started to sing in the direction of the man hiding in the shadows. He glared his eyes glowed red and he said “your song does not affect me.” She smiled and said “wasn’t trying to.”

Then two blasts hit him and he flew out the wall. I turned seeing Diana and Samuel standing in the door way hands held out. Page ran in and looked around then to me “we need to get her healed or her soul will be gone.” Orieus was charging around stamping his feet after the dark creature. “away with you!” he screamed. Samuel started to heal me as Diana ran after Orieus. Page turned to me and said “hold on.” I nodded and held my stomach fighting the urge to fade away.

~Ross~

Something was wrong. There was no vampire here, and my mate was hurt I felt it. I called the pack with me and we raced back to the pack land. We reached the library and saw no one inside. “where’s my mate?” Nathan and Josh asked. I growled and ran to the pack house. Shay… what’s wrong… why are you hurting? I wondered and ran to the pack house. I shifted back and threw on my sweats racing up the stairs. The pack doctor ran by and into my room. “get me an I-v now!” she screamed. I ran in seeing blood not just any blood my mates blood. I shook with fear and rage I left for a moment and she got hurt. Page turned to me saying “our enemy tried to kill her while she lay in her comma.” I growled and Orieus walked in.

“he got away.” Diana walked in behind him. “he’s long gone were going to have to protect her.” She looked at me then Coral walked up to me and slapped me. “the elder warned you! She said to keep her protected why didn’t you listen! Do you care so little about your mate!” I growled Nathan jumped between us before I could attack. “alpha please..” he warned in a growl it was instinct to protect you mate and his just insulted how much I cared for mine! “Shay says to calm down!” Page shouted. We all back up and Page looked up at the corner of the ceiling and said “she says it was no one’s fault you didn’t know.” I looked down and Page stated “she says she’s ok it only hurt a bit.” I knew she was lying. I felt her pain it was horrible. “how is she?” I asked looking at Page she turned facing the corner again. “she says she’s alright.” She gave me a look that I read as it’s not so good. I nodded and glared at the ground. I stormed out I was going to order a guard detail for my mate.

[author's note: don't forget to comment.]