monsters return

~Ross~

I was spooning my mate her movie ended a while ago and we just finished my fun. I like my fun better. Shay was panting once again I kind of like loving my mate every night and I mean EVERY night. I kissed her neck and she moaned. “Ross calm down already I’m not going anywhere.” She stated I smirked and pulled her closer against me. No she wasn’t going anywhere. I closed my eyes and let my body relax. My eyes snapped open in the middle of the night something was off my wolf was giving me a warning to protect our mate. Shay was still fast asleep by my side but instead of spooning she was pressed against my chest.

I kissed her cheek and whispered “I’m going to get a glass of water love.” She moaned in her sleep saying “ok.” She always was like this in her sleep she would hear me and answer with one word most of the time it was no but after love it was usually yes. I walked over to the connecting door and leaned my ear against it. No movement, just silence. I opened the door and looked in. no one was in here. I closed the door and locked it behind me. I checked the windows all locked around my mate I didn’t want to leave her vulnerable while I was out of the room.

I checked our bathroom no one. The closet no one. I shut the bedroom door behind me. I checked on my pack peeking in every room. They were all fast asleep. Last room was Aray and Kira. I opened the door seeing Aray looking around the room. He looked to me and nodded. He got up and locked the door behind him. “You sense it too?” he asked I nodded, something was definitely off. I walked down stairs and checked the living room while Aray went into the kitchen. We both met in the hall. “Why does it feel like were being watched.” Aray whispered. I nodded and looked around something was different but what?

I walked into my office no one their either. We checked the rooms down stairs this was creepy, I walked back to my mate and twisted the door knob. I thought I locked this. I opened the door seeing my mate fats asleep. I walked in and looked around. Didn’t I shut that connecting door? I walked back into the hall and called Aray over. He followed me and we went into the connecting room.

~Aray~

As Ross entered the room I sensed something off but I couldn’t find it. I walked into the room with Ross the room looking fine except one thing. “Did you close the windows?” I asked he nodded and looked around. “I also locked the doors behind me.” Ross ran back into his room and went over to Shay. He checked her over she was still fast asleep. “She’s fine.” I stated in a whisper. “What’s going on then?” I asked he shrugged and said “someone was here. But they got past us.” I nodded and said “where do you think there from?” he shrugged again and said “let’s get some rest and discuss it in the morning.” I nodded and turned with a yawn. I locked the window and door behind me once again. I walked to my room seeing Kira fast asleep.

I don’t like someone being able to sneak into a pack house without me smelled or seen with mate around that were defenseless. I wanted my mate safe. I wanted Shay safe. This was just too creepy who could sneak into the pack house like that? I thought about it about all the creatures I came across as a loner. What could move like that? I thought about Vampires they stayed clear of us they weren’t dumb enough to attack us. Besides they stunk like rotten flesh, we would smell them a mile away. A witch? They could use magic but all witches made a deal with shifters that they left us alone and we would leave them alone. They may be powerful but there males weren’t and we could kill them even with the protective charms on them.

As I thought about it my mind came to one conclusion the most deadly things I ever came across. They could vanish without a trace, the moved faster than us, they were more blood thirsty, and they hated our kind with a passion. Could they really come here? I jumped form the bed and ran down stairs they hated us… they hated us… I ran into them and they almost killed me because of my species. I reached the living room. They always left a scale behind when they went invisible. The scale was a shiny green if there was one here then we were in more trouble than I ever thought before… I looked behind the couch there it was shining in my face… Shit!