30•

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

The wintry soft air of dawn that kissed his face made him to take a deep sigh. After what happened the day back, he couldn't sleep a wink so he stayed up all night.

The adhan to subh prayer brought him out of his reverie as he got off his bed and went into the bathroom to perform ablution. After he performed ablution, he slipped into his navy blue jallabiya and went off to go to the mosque. He stopped for a while though, to check on Hasna.

Sameer found her already awake, even though he learnt to believe that she also didn't sleep that night, she might have been in the same situation as him. Or even worse since she experienced something he didn't.

On seeing him enter the room, she flashed him a sad smile and wore her hijab. "Good morning" Hasna greeted spraying her mat on the cold tiled floor. "Good morning, I wanted waking you up before going to the mosque but it seems you're already up" Sameer replied and mentioned.

"No I.... I actually didn't sleep, I couldn't" Hasna voiced looking down at her fingers. "It's okay, it happens but I hope you're fine now?" Sameer asked. "I am" She nodded, a nod that was a lie.

"Good, I will go to the mosque now, will be back soon" Sameer said and Hasna nodded again before he walked out of the room and headed to the mosque.

When he prayed and came back, he met her in the main parlour. She was probably waiting for him there, she was then only in her Abaya as she covered her hair with its veil.

"Let's recite?" Sameer asked or more like suggested as he sat on the carpeted floor opposite her. "Yes sure but first, can I ask something?" Hasna asked a little nervous as she brought out the Qur'ans from the drawer beside her, Sameer nodded.

Ok, that alone was enough to make people who know Sameer and Hasna to understand something was wrong, their conversations with each other were never the one where they nod.

"Have you talked with Ya Naeem since then?" She asked. Sameer understood what she meant by then, she meant since the time she revealed everything to him. "No I haven't, we'll talk later in the day insha Allah" Sameer answered and she nodded, again.

Sameer and Hasna recited the Qur'an for two hours stopping from time to time to rest a while, they read on two cups of coffee. And after that, the both of them went back to their respective rooms. That was when Sameer opportunely slept for few hours.

It was already 8:30am when he woke up so he took his bath and got ready for office.

He made sure to stop by Hasna's room to get her to come eat breakfast with him because he knew she wouldn't eat alone and when they went downstairs to the dining room, they met them. The only two threats in their lives, the snatchers of their happiness.

Their moods immediately changed, but as planned, they acted normal, or at least they tried to act normal.

"Hasna dear, why are you looking like this?" Aama asked Hasna who was just silently eating her breakfast. "Like what?" She answered with a question. "Silent" That was Ibrahim who chirped in uninvited. "I'm just not well but as you all can see, I'm eating now so it'll be fine"

Sameer understood why she was giving court replies as he watched their conversation silently, she hated talking to them. "You couldn't eat?" Aama asked again looking at her. "Didn't you notice my absence throughout yesterday?" Hasna glared, then her eyes met with Sameer's and she understood she was acting different, out of the normal they planned on. "Don't worry Aama, I just need rest" Hasna quickly added while Aama hummed.