4•

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Tired.

That was an understatement for how Sameer was feeling even though he rarely spent three hours at work. Unlike other normal work days, he had not a thing, but many things to deal with other than just supervise which included the $10,000 deal they got which he decided to handle himself. No sane business man would want to risk a ₦4.5 million contract by entrusting other people with it even though he can do it himself. Even so, he got help from his employees on the few things he knew they won't mess up which kept them busy and peripatetic.

Sameer made sure to get himself a cup of coffee even though he was perspiring, he believed it wasn't because of the weather but the pressure of the work he was doing. Badia also contributed to that pressure by choosing that day of all days to disturb him. He didn't pick up any of the calls she gave him which was continuously after every five minutes. He even wondered if she goes to school because that was definitely the work of only jobless people.

But Sameer couldn't care less, the work pressure he had overshadowed the one Badia was making him go through. Luckily for him, his work phone was different from the one he used for personal purposes so he just put the phone on silent mode and dropped it in one of the drawers of his office desk.

"Sir, you have a visitor. Can I lead him to your office?" The receptionist asked through the intercom. "Yes you can" Sameer replied even though he had no idea who the person was but since it was someone of his gender, he didn't care.

"Assalamu Alaikum" Naeem said stepping into the office after a while. "Wa'alaikum salaam" Sameer replied before looking up at the person who walked in. "Well hey there stranger" Sameer said in pure sarcasm. "Didn't you like, think about me being dead before coming?" Sameer asked.

"At least I know you're not now that I'm here" Naeem shrugged before making himself comfortable on one of the visitors' chairs in the office. "Are you here to meet me?" Sameer asked with a professional smile. "Is that even a question to ask me?" Naeem asked back. "For someone who forgot his best friend after getting married then yes!" Sameer exclaimed.

"It's not like you looked for me yourself, you haven't visited since the first time you went which was like a month from now" Naeem defended himself. "You know I don't like going to married peoples' house and sadly you're one of them" Sameer also defended himself. None among them was ready to take the blame of them not seeing each other for what seemed like a month when they lived in the same state.

"Yes I am, but it won't be for long I guess. I can't do it, Asra and I won't work" Naeem said.

"What do you mean by 'won't work' iye?" Sameer asked completely forgetting about their previous topic of discussion. "I tried Ameer, I did. But my heart just doesn't go to her, I don't know why too because it's not like I love anyone else. Also her insolent and annoying behaviour is not helping matters" Naeem replied Sameer's question and added with it an explanation. The name he referred Sameer with was what they agreed on since they were teenagers, that is to remove the first letters of their names which turned to; Ameer and Aeem.