29•

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

O

ne could take that morning as a once in a lifetime thing.

One of the weirdest things happened that morning, everyone was present for breakfast except Hasna even though Sameer went there late, but they always, like always meet during breakfast except on the holy month of Ramadan. And that made Sameer worried.

After giving it much thought, Sameer decided to stop worrying because as far as Hasna was concerned, she's sleeping her head off.

It's been five days, five days of total sadness. Nothing was fine, everything seemed to have stopped when she was there lifeless on a bed.

The operating doctor did said she would wake up in 12 hours after the surgery but she never did. She slipped into coma during her surgery, her body responded well to the surgery but her condition suddenly got worst during the surgery which Sameer partially blamed the doctor for.

The doctor said he didn't have any idea of the tumour in her brain which was very irresponsible of him. If everything was left to Sameer, if Hidaya was his, he would have immediately sued the doctor to court.

Naeem though had the doctor face disciplinary action for his medical misconduct.

A life without Hidaya seemed like a life with only oneself, no one else in the world. Sameer understood that, Aida understood that and also Wahida understood. Wahida returned back from her trip a day after Hidaya was admitted to the hospital, she couldn't hold herself back.

After breakfast, Sameer decided to go to the hospital that day. He wanted to take Hasna with him but because he didn't get to meet her, he went alone. Aida was the only person he met there and when he entered the room, she stepped out after a little while.

Her view on the hospital bed always shattered him into pieces, each time into smaller pieces. The way she was peacefully sleeping, without caring a bit about the whole world. There was no way one wouldn't take her as dead if not for the machines connected to her body and also her abnormal breathing.

Sameer dragged the only chair in the room, sat next to her and stared at her for minutes. He didn't realise that he got emotional until a tear slipped down from his eyes down to his cheeks. He was quick to wipe it away, not because anyone would notice - not that anyone was even watching - but because he didn't want to let himself breakdown yet.

"Hidaya, when will you wake up?" Sameer asked her and at the same time no one, he doubted if she was even listening to me.

"You know, I've always admired you even before you started working with me. Ever since we met at the mall , I kept thinking about you hoping that Allah subhanahu wata'ala will make us meet again and He did made that happen. When I realised you're going to work with me, my happiness knew no bounds. I've always looked forward for the day you'll start working after you collapsed at my house. I don't know if saying this is crazy but I found myself making moments with you at every free time I get, I wanted us to bond well which Allah made that happen also. Allah is great because he has now made me to realise what my possessiveness about you is, it is love. I love you Hidaya and I mean it. I want to spend my whole life with you, you being in my arms. But for that to happen, I need you to wake up so that I will tell you how important you are to me, even though it might be late to mention but still, just wake up. Just wake up even if you'll not accept me and my feelings, just wake up please".

Sameer didn't know where those words came from but he was glad they did, he ought to say it someday and saying it that time made the burden lessen. "I love you"