12•

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

He had myriad of doubts of the whole week he had been in the hospital. He knew the puzzle was just too hard to be solved that easily.

His Abbu? Having enemies? He doesn't believe that. It was with no doubt true that all the time Sameer had known his father which was like ever, he had never came across anyone with bad words against his father. They were mostly praises and gratefulness for his benevolence, so it became impossible to believe that his father's business rival ordered the attack as investigated by the police.

Shrugging off the thoughts in his head, Sameer looked towards Hidaya and Wahida thinking for the second time about what Hidaya asked: "were the culprits recognised" she had asked.

"Not yet, but the police are still on the case" Sameer replied, Hidaya almost thought he was not going to reply considering that he zoned out after her question. "May Allah expose who intended bad on your family" Wahida prayed.

As Hidaya replied with an ameen, Sameer looked at Wahida with shock. That was the first proper long sentence she had made ever since they went to the hospital that day. To add that she doesn't talk except she was asked a question or put to a task, so seeing her talk voluntarily was indeed surprising to Sameer. And not to Hidaya, she knew better.

Before Sameer could wear off the smile that found its way to his lips, Naeem barged in. "Ameer you...." He stopped his sentence and looked at the people who occupied the room.

"I see you have visitors" Naeem found himself saying. He had been with Sameer almost all the time because it was his hospital and he was a doctor himself, he had only stepped out a moment from then. Seeing Hidaya and Wahida there only meant that they came after he went to check up on a patient.

"Aeem do you seriously have no work to do?" Sameer asked. For someone who should be as busy as other doctors to always come around whenever he wished only meant that he wasn't doing what his job required him to do.

"You might want to remember a bit Ameer that I am the boss. If I decide to close this hospital today, no one should have a say on it" Naeem replied. "Doesn't change anything" Sameer said and Naeem just shrugged.

"Ina wuni" Hidaya and Wahida greeted simultaneously. "Lafiya" Naeem replied looking from Hidaya to Wahida reminiscing the last time they met, at the event. Both had their eye balls somewhere else and not on him or Sameer, they were sensible enough to know their boundaries as Muslims.

"You were saying?" Sameer asked pulling Naeem out of his thoughts. "Never mind, later" Naeem replied.

"We'll take our leave" Hidaya announced,  "Allah's shifa" She added. Wahida just muttered an ameen for Hidaya's prayer. Naeem looked at her again, it was clear that she was more of the quiet type, more than Hidaya even. He found that amusing.