꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚠𝚘: 𝙳𝚘 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝙶𝚘 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚎 ꧂

Start from the beginning

Skyler's eyes followed Klaus's and found Tyler and Caroline walking towards them, she immediately turned and took Kol, guiding him away with a nod to Klaus. "Not today." She muttered as she guided Kol through the crowd over to the punch bowl.

Kol smirked at her as she poured them each a cup, "Think they spiked it?" He asked curiously.

She raised an eyebrow, "They're teens. Of course they did." She responded before promptly downing the whole cup making Kol laugh.

"Oh look at that, Klaus finally got that dance." Kol commented eyeing his brother who was dancing with Caroline on the floor.

"Wonderful." Skyler replied as she grabbed Kol's cup from him, downing it too as he let out an exclaim of, "Hey!"

Skyler fixed her husband with a half-serious glare, "We're at a party in Mystic Falls. Trust me, I'll need it."

Kol shook his head with a fond smile as he poured himself another cup, pouring her a third while he was at it. He handed hers over while taking a sip of his as, behind them, Klaus exited the dance.

______________

"She does this all the time, right?" A boy asked as he, Jeremy, Klaus, Kol, Skyler, Damon, and Stefan stood around an empty classroom while Bonnie chanted a spell to save them all; or at least the Mikaelsons anyway.

"What's taking so long?!" Klaus snapped, "All boundary spells have a loophole."

"Relax, it's not like it's the first time your mother's tried killing us." Skyler rolled her eyes in an attempt to lighten the mood as she held onto Kol's hand tightly, her heart pounded in her chest despite her efforts to keep calm. Perhaps all that was why Klaus didn't snap at her too or perhaps it was the fact Matt walked in before he could.

"People are walking right out of the dance, past the barrier."

Skyler scoffed, "Of course. Humans aren't abominations, they're not part of her plan."

Jeremy looked over at them, "Matt and I can leave, we can stop Esther ourselves." He suggested, "We just gotta find out where she is."

"It's suicide, Jeremy." Stefan told him as he shook his head.

Klaus rushed over, grabbing Jamie y by the throat and strangling him with his bare hands, "Suicide would be disappointing me! Now work your magic, witch, or I'll start killing people you fancy." He threatened Bonnie with a cold glare.

"Let him go!" Bonnie demanded as Kol and Skyler glanced at each other in silent conversation.

"Not until you get us out of here." Skyler told her threateningly as she stepped up with Kol.

"Don't be stupid. Bonnie doesn't give a damn about us." Stefan told them, "The only reason she's helping us right now is to save Caroline and Tyler. You start killing people she cares about, she'll tell us all to go to hell."

Klaus glanced around in thought for a moment before he let Jamie go.

______________

After a while of being left alone in the classroom, Klaus and Damon entered with Kol and Skyler as the witch was by the teacher's desk with a map.

"Here. Jeremy made a little Gilbert blood donation for your locator spell." Damon told her as he showed off a vial of blood.

Bonnie set a glare onto the four, "I have to do this with you guys lurking over me?" She questioned in annoyance.
Damon narrowed his eyes, "You're still mad at me for what happened to Abby." He pointed out, "Let me apologize. I'm sorry Elijah forced us to turn your mother into a vampire to save Elena's life." He said offhandedly, "Didn't exactly have a choice.""There's always a choice. Whenever you make one someone else suffers." Bonnie responded sternly.
"Okay, why don't we all just cut the dramatics and begin, shall we?" Kol suggested.

Skyler nodded in agreement, "Yes, that way we can get the hell out of here." Bonnie shook her head but nonetheless, she poured the blood onto the map and started chanting.

"Phasmatos Tribum Nas Ex Veras, Sequita Saguines, Ementas Asten Mihan Ega Petous."

The four watched closely as the blood formed a circular pool that doesn't move. "Esther is fighting me." She told them.

"Esther couldn't possibly have this much power." Kol shook his head.

"Unless she's channeling something." Klaus added.

"A hotspot?" Bonnie suggested in thought.

Klaus's eyes narrowed in realization, "Get the humans ready. I know where she is."

______________

"You know this is your fault." Klaus commented as he stood outside near the entrance of the gym hall with Stefan,  "You set us on this path when you released my mother. I wonder if revenge will prove worth the cost.""Oh, I'm done with revenge." Stefan told him in response as Skyler and Kol watched on together from their place leaning against the wall nearby, "As far as Esther; we've stopped her before, we'll stop here again."Klaus hummed, "We're strange bedfellows, you and I. You know, all of this, reminds me of our time together in the Twenties." He mentioned.
Stefan looked at him, "You say that like I'm supposed to have happy memories about it."Klaus shrugged, "Well, there were moments. Real friendship. Brotherhood."

Damon walked up behind them and spoke, "Well, he already has a brother. Not to be, you know, territorial or anything but you did steal my sister already."

"Oh no, of course, the Salvatores. And their unshakeable bond." Klaus commented with a smirk as Skyler and Kol watched on from afar, Skyler was trying to stay as far from her brothers as possible and she did not hide that fact. "I wonder what'll happen when Elena finally makes her choice. Will we see you shake just a little bit?"

Bonnie came out of the school before either Salvatore man could even attempt to respond.

"It's done. Esther's not fighting me anymore. The boundary spell is broken."

Klaus tested the boundary with his arm, and seeing Bonnie's words are correct, rushes away followed immediately after by Kol and Skyler who were more than ready to leave the wretched school.

______________

"Your trap failed, mother. I live and I will go on living." Klaus said to Esther's body in a coffin as he stood in a room with four other coffins, "Let your beloved spirits try to preserve you again, I dare you to come after me! I will build an army so big, no one will ever touch me. My survival will haunt you through eternity. You will never destroy me!"

Skyler and Kol came out of the shadows by the open door together, "It's over, Nik." Skyler told him in a soft but stern tone, "She's gone. If she tries coming back, I'll kill her myself I promise you both that."

꧁ 𝟷,𝟻𝟹𝟽 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 ꧂