Chapter 4: New Beginnings

I rush to the gate of the dreadful orphanage agitated to leave. I don't want to leave Claude. The Claude I have known since we were children, the relationship we had has vanished into thin air. I stop in my steps and look back at the fragmented window of my room knowing he won't be in there, we already have said goodbye.

"Move along then! Do you want to stay or leave child?" Mother Marie yells pushing me . "I- want to leave?" I say with the slightest shake in my voice not sure of my answer. Of Course I want to leave! I have to leave.

"Move along then." She pushes me over again.

I walk outside and that's when the fresh, crisp air hit me, it felt as if I couldn't breathe for the last several years. Is this what freedom feels like?

I look in the distance and spot the couple waving at me standing beside a ravishing, white carriage and two astonishing white stallions at the front. I revealed a  bright smile and walk toward them approaching new beginnings to my life.

"Good day sweetheart." The mysterious women said resting her hands on her lap.
"I am Margaret and this is my husband Richard and I promise you, we will take the greatest care of you." She smiles wrapping her hands around mine.

"I'll take your bags, take a seat in the carriage." Richard helps me to the carriage then helps Margaret in. I feel like a lady.

~~~

We were about half way in the ride, and it was silent, so much so that if a pin dropped it would cause a huge echo.
"Cecilia, how do you feel?" Richard questioned looking over at me with a thrilling smile. "I feel great, you don't know how much I appreciate this!" I say, putting my hands together showing how much I thank them.

"We are delighted to have you." Margaret takes my hand and rubs her thumb over my palm and tucks my hair behind my ear.

Soon after my eyes travel to a certain object beside Richard. The locket. I can't ask for it back. I wouldn't ask for it back. It will make me look deprived. However, I can't just forget about my parents just because I have found a new family who are willing to take care of me.

"And we have arrived!" Richard yelled with an excited tone. I felt the carriage move left as I peek out behind the silk curtains.

"Welcome to Warlington Village, Cecilia." Margaret peeks out the curtains behind me, holding onto my shoulders.
I felt my Heart drop down to my stomach as I admire the incredible, jaw dropping view of the village. "Warlington Village..." I whisper in astonishment.

 A patterned, stone bridge leading to the towering, strong buildings with thick high walls and raspberry bushes making a path to the entrance of the houses. Kids running around and playing, few sitting on a wooden bench braiding each other's hair and reading literature.

"And this is your new home." Richard then stops the carriage and helps me and Margaret out. I look to my right and couldn't believe my eyes.

There were stairs guiding up to the huge white house with rose bushes on each side of the path leading to the huge wooden door with ancient statues on each side and glorious windows.

Margaret walks me into my new home. I have never thought  I would walk into something so exquisite. Is this paradise, am I dead?

There were extensive hallways in either side of the house with high walls and floor to ceiling windows with silk, beige flower pattern curtains. I walk around and notice the glamorous art work filling the empty cold, white colour of the walls. Believe it or not there is a fountain right in the centre of the house.

My eyes gaze up and I notice a sparkling, diamond chandelier lighting up the enormous room. "I could get used to this..." I whisper still looking up.

"Mother!" A girl calls out.