Chapter 6: Village's Lover Boy and The Grand Ball

"Cecilia your lucky you came at such a time, winter in this villiage is a dream come true!" Margaret laughs clapping her hands together.

"The snow is so heavy around here, I lost one of my precious boots walking around the deep snow last year!" Valentina moans folding her arms.

"Cecilia how did you children celebrate Christmas back in the orphanage?" Richard asks leaning in to hear. "Oh yes, I heard they spoil you guys with whatever you want!" Valentina adds.

Nothing. We did nothing, it was as if it was a normal day. Nothing special or anything joyous ever happened.

I place my cutlery down and sit straight on my chair forcing a smile.

"It was great." I say.

They all stay quiet staring at me. "And what else?" Margaret asks. "Oh well they...they give you a peice of paper and ink, uhm," I stop for a moment not knowing what to say, "and they tell you to write eight things that you would like for Christmas and then, whatever you write you get!" I finally say looking up at them.

"Oh, only eight?" Valnetina says. I seriously thought eight was alot.

"Valentina!" Margaret nags once again.
"Oh dear look at the time," Margaret says standing up, "Valentina take Cecilia to her room I will come up later and blow out the candle."

I'm going to have my own room!
"Okay come on, I have so much to tell you!" Valentina takes a hold of my hand and rushes to the stairs. "Okay first you need to know how lucky you are!" She starts.
"You have the best room! Your bedroom view overlooks the villiage!"

"Welcome to your room Cecilia."
The room is huge, the window is covered by the white silk curtains with rose patterns on them. There is a luxurious red and white bisini bed with distinctive designs on the blanket and two bed tables on either side with a candle lighten up giving the room a warm sensation. Bold paintings of God knows what filling up the empty space of the wall.

"Follow me." Valentina walks me to a door in the room.
"Oh my god..." I mutter putting my hand over my mouth.

Dresses, gowns, skirts, hats, gloves, shoes, coats and bags. I walk in the room to get a better look. All the clothes were surrounding one table right in the middle with a candle lighten up. Ontop of the tabel there were, rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings and hair accessories like clips.

"Look we have matching diamond earrings!" Valentina points. "This, this is amazing I have no words." I say looking around.

"You deserve it!" Valentina smiles holding my hand. I start getting teary, I never expected this much, I never expected this much of a miracle to occur on my life.

"Oh no, let's not get emotional!" Valentina gives me a warm hug. "I have some things to tell you!"

~~~

"Where to begin, where to begin." Valentina sits me down onto the bed and walks back and forth from the door to the bed.

"Oh yes," she takes a seat beside me, "during dinner I was going to tell you about this boy Cornelius, and Oh my, he is this Village's lover boy!"

"He is perfect, he is so dreamy, all the girls have feelings for him but I know for a fact that he has the hearts for me." She says smiling proudly.

"how'd you know that?" I ask.
"To be truthful I haven't the tiniest idea, I just have a strong feeling." She says shrugging her shoulders.

"Confidence is key ." I say nodding my head.
"From your window you can see his home!"
She stands up and walks to the window opening the curtains, it was dark but it was cloudless and clear to see. The view was absolutely stunning. Valentina stands there for a while peering out the window, a bit creepy if you ask me.

I fall back on the bed and couldn't help my self but think about Claude. I miss him. Oh Claude, I want to come back for you and bring you to me, this place is a big dream. How can I come back for you Claude?

I can still feel his soft lips on mine, his hand cupping my cheeks, his other hand pushing me closer to him. I want to feel it again.

There's a knock on the door.
Valnetina finally looks away from the window and opens the door. It's Margaret.

"Sorry if I was disturbing you girls but after you hear this you will be so happy!" She explains.

"This is very exciting news, and it will be a great experience for Cecilia," she looks over at me, "the Hillory family decided to event a masquerade Ball this winter and just before you guys went upstairs Mr Hillory came over really quick to let us know that we have been invited to the ball!"

"Oh yes! I told you there was going to be a ball!" Valentina jumps off the bed.

"That's so exciting when will it be happening?" I ask sitting up on the bed.

"This Saturday, so first thing tomorrow after breakfast we will go find ravishing dresses for my girls!"Margaret smiles.

I feel warm inside. Being back in the orphanage I felt so cold in the inside and dead...

"Valentina head back to you room let Cecilia have a goodnight rest, tomorrow is a big day." Margaret says patting my shoulder.

Valentina waves goodbye and walks out the room.
"Goodnight Cecilia." Soon before Margaret got to blow out the candles I stopped her.

"Wait." I say
"Yes dear?" She says raising an eyebrow.
I stand up and take a step towards her.

"Thank you for everything, both you and Richard." I say hugging her. Her hands wrap around me and we stay in that position for a few seconds.

"Welcome to the family, Cecilia William Jones."