Chapter 3: Claude

As I hesitantly walked down the halls to my room for the final time, I relive my memories...my traumatic memories.
So much sorrow and inhumane recallings occur each time I glare at the tiny dents and scratches on the wall.

I slowly step foot in my room, breathing in the damp slench of the mold above me. I walk even closer to my bed and get out my dear possessions each one containing a deeper meaning and tale within.

My whole life I spent here and now is being snatched away by a simple phrase I've been longing for all my 16 years of living in this hell, "we want you."  the most divine combination of words my ears have been waiting for.

As I looked over my shoulder dazzling at the rudimentary metal beds lined up in uniform rows, I saw a familiar face standing across me.

Claude.

His deep sage like eyes peering at me, reading my expression. His fair porcelain skin controlling his dark, chestnut stained hair. His unique freckles scattered like stars in a dark cloudless night. His rosey pink cheeks as pink as his plump lips. Yes that's definitely him. 

My dearest Claude.

"Claude..." I mumbled walking closer to him hoping he would clutch me in his arms begging me to stay.

"Cecilia, what would I do without your companionship I treasure so dearly?" He whispers in my ear as he hugs me, his left hand on my rich brown hair.

"I'll miss you Claude" I cry finally letting go of the tears I've locked in a drawer for long enough.

"As will I..." Claude said reassuring me that it was was all ok.
"Claude..." I say.
"I love you."

I could feel Claude's eyes on me waiting for my head to tilt up to meet them.
"Cecilia.." He says.
I look up.
He leaned forward,  I could feel his exhales on my cheeks. Shortly afterward I felt his lips on mine. He was delicate. I felt butterflies roam my stomach as he gently placed his cold hands on my back pushing me closer. He brushed his hands across my face and and placed them on either one of my cheeks. He softly pulled his head away staring into my deep eyes and looked at me with compassion.

"I love you..." He said clasping both my hands and pulling them forward so he could kiss them.

Right then and there I felt as if there weren't a care in the world. I felt as if time had stopped around us and we were the only two in real time..

"Cecilia Williams! It's time!" Mother Marie screamed aloud.
"I have to go" I say breaking the tension.

"Never forget me.." Claude whispers as he walked backwards stretching his arms out towards me.

"Hear take this-" I say but he's gone...
Like the scorching sun at the midst of  midnight.

"I'll be back for him" I mumbled gathering the last things together.

"Wait for me..."