Megan tells me about her headaches yesterday and how her migraines sometimes make her life harder, which makes me sad. She struggles with them from time to time, but I hope she will find a solution to them as soon as possible.

We round the corner, ready to enter the conference room a few feet away and that's when I see someone who causes me to stop in my tracks. I halt abruptly, almost knocking Megan out, and she cries out.

Mr. Jeon enters the same conference room where we will have our meeting and I panic because he is usually not present. It's rare that he joins us in planning meetings, Mr. Park is in charge of that.

And then I remember what I did yesterday.

"Girl, why are you stopping just like that in the middle of the hallway?" Megan asks, adjusting the papers in her arm because she ran into my back.

"Am I tripping or did I just see Mr. Jeon walk into the conference room?" I mutter, eyes wide.

"I don't know, could be." she shrugs, looking at me suspiciously. "Why?"

I turn to her, "Because I might have done something he didn't like."

Megan looks toward the conference room and then back at me. The confusion can be read like daylight in her eyes. "What did you do?"

I take a shaky breath. I had to bring papers and discuss them with him, which I didn't do because Ms. Moulin opened the door for me practically half-naked and I didn't know how to feel about it. So I just gave the documents to her and left.

But that's not what I tell Megan. Because I know she would ask questions - too many questions, which we don't have time for right now.

"Long story short; I had to do something for him and I didn't do it the way he wanted it done," I explain and she lets out a thinking sound. I try to read the damage in her scowl.

"Honestly, I don't think it's too bad—"

"He's going to fire me, right?" I turn to her hastily, panic rising inside me.

"What?"

"He's going to fire me, and then I won't be able to pay my bills. My landlord will kick me out and I'll end up under a bridge with some junkies." I grab her by her shoulders.

Not to mention I thought he called me to talk to me about that one night. Now I'll probably end up without a job and without an explanation. Can things get any worse?

"Geez, Kayla." Megan takes my hands off her shoulders. "He's not going to fire you. You're one of the best employees in this building."

"You really think that?" I let my shoulders drop.

"Yes," she assures me. "Okay, maybe you made a mistake, but Mr. Jeon doesn't fire people just like that," she says and I raise my eyebrow at that. We both think back to Tiffany. "Maybe he does, but he won't. All right?"

I scratch my head, considering her words. "Okay." I then say and she starts walking back to the conference room.

I don't know why, but my heart is hammering in my chest and the closer I get, the more nervous I become. What if he gives me dirty looks the whole meeting? I don't think I can take that. Especially not after everything that's happened between us.

When I came back home from his house yesterday, I cried. Okay, maybe for twenty seconds, but it still counts as crying!

Frustration had been building inside me over the weeks and because I was so hopeful about finally being able to get an explanation for everything, I found his ex-girlfriend standing at the door. Or maybe his now-girlfriend? I don't know.