Promises are a joke

Start from the beginning

I feel my jaw fall open and a look of exasperation is plastered upon my shock ridden face.

Christina says," isabelle, say something before flies get in."

I look at Meredith,"He kissed you first? ( She nods) Damn it Derek!"

I put my glass down and start to walk around the house. Meredith follows after me.

"Isabelle,I am so sorry please I never meant to hurt you. Finn was such a good guy, and I just had to screw that up. I didn't even realize how strong my feeling still were for derek." Meredith says.

I slip a swearshirt over my head, and start to grab my running shoes while Meredith continues to follow me.

Meredith," isabelle please say something."

I stop doing what I was doing for a second and look at her, Christina in the hallway behind her.

I sigh," Meredith I love you, and I am not mad at you as you really did nothing wrong. From the beginning of this all you were a victim. Unaware of the fact he was married, then blamed when you knew. He was not always the best behaved after the fact either, and neither was Addi. He had obligations to a wife, you didn't. I really should be mad at derek... though...I can because he is my brother. But Addy is my sister... and you.. Mer... your my friend. I love all of you. So now I am in a predicament where I don't know what to think. So I am currently angry at myself for not being angry at you or Derek, so I am gonna run."

Christina makes a face," Eww, where?"

I tie my shoes and stand up saying," ANywhere..."

I walk out of the house closing the door behind me, and begin running.

As I get my momentum memories hit me like a flood. Though one stands out to me the most.

I was 10 years of old, and spending Christmas in New York.

I was staying at this gorgeous hotel with my grandparents, and I was ecstatic as this was the night before Addi and Dereks wedding.

I finally am finished getting ready, and walk down to the lobby with my grandma, where Addi said she was gonna pick me up.

When I see Addi, I start to jump up and down, just bubbling from excitement to the point that my grandmother scolds me.

Addi chuckles," Hey girl, you ready?"

I nod excitedly, and she guided me to the taxi, as I wave at my grandparents.

We arrive a grand building where the aroma was delicious, and upon entering Addi guides me to a long table with the rest of the wedding party.

We sit down, and the chatter and laughter fills my ears. My nerves are high as I don't know most of these people, but Addi was introducing me.

I met Sam, and Naomi; Addi and Dereks Friends. I also met Amelia, she was Dereks youngest sister and a bridesmaid in the wedding. I was a flower girl.

Towards the end of the eventful night, Derek and Addi said goodbye to everyone as they all left, before turning to me to bring me back to the hotel.

I walked in the middle of them, humming.

"so, you both love me right?" I ask them.

Addi chuckles, and Derek says," Of course."

"And you guys won't leave each other like my mom and dad," I ask again.

Addi smiles," Never."

I giggle," never ever..."

Derek," Never ever, and ever."

"I am gonna hold you to that," I say with a smile.

Derek, "Oh I hope you do."

Honk!! I snap out of my daydream, realizing I had ran all the way into downtown, the traffic currently at a high, and me at a lowpoint.

I continue running soon the buildings are not in my peripheral vision, as it is replaced by suburb houses and beautiful trees. My legs are exhausted as I turn and enter a stone paved driveway and knock on the door.

Connor comes and opens the door, seeing me taking deep breaths, and opens the door wider.

He looks at me concerned as I enter, "What's up? Did you run here? That is a while away Isabelle..."

I take another deep breath," I needed to get out of the adulterous, fiance dieing, people crowding, heartbreaking house. I am crashing here..."

I walk past him and to their guest bathroom to take a shower, leaving a confused Connor in my wake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------