Chapter 25: The Creme Brulee

Start from the beginning

"The last Cuisine Competition I came, was when I was like 16 years old, I was siting in the crowd and I was cheering for my older sister that got to the finals. I remembered how much she trained. How many hours she put in her training and how many sleep hours she lost. Me and my brother also became her lab rats and had to try every dish she cook. I guess you can only imagine how chubby I was by the time of the competition." Meiling said and the crowd laughed. "I got angry at her some times. She was so frustrating...always asking me to eat..or to taste something while I was trying to do my things." Meiling continued and the crowd laughed more. "But...when I saw her on the stage...when I saw all the contestants and all the dishes...when I saw her winning...I couldn't be more happier and proud that I was the one of the first people that tried her food. I feel honored to be now in front of all of you as a judge." Meiling said and then turned to the contestants. "Even if you are not the winner, that doesn't mean you are not good enough to be a chef. It means you have to work harder, but the fact that you got to this part of the competition, makes you already winners." Meiling said smiling and the crowd clapped and cheered loudly.

"That was a wonderful speech Miss Meiling. Now, if you can share the winner's name with all of us." The moderator said smiling and the girl smiled and nodded. She looked at the crowd and smiled.

"The winner of the Chinese Cuisine Culinary Competition of this year is..." Meiling said and stopped as she smiled. "Miss Zhou Caina." The crowd erupted in cheers as Caina smiled wide at the hearing of her name. Happy tears were threatening to fall from her eyes as Meiling walked to the girl and hugged her. "Congratulation." Meiling said smiling while giving the prize.

"Thank you. Thank you so much." Caina said smiling wide. Meiling saw Shancai's disappointed look and felt a little bad for her but right when she was about to pass by her Meiling send her a small wink.

"Thank you to all the judges. And thank you to everyone for liking my dishes. Actually, the contestants of this competition are all exceptional, but I still believe I was the champion for the whole competition because I believe that as long as I work hard my dream will come true." Caina said her speech with a huge smile on her face. Si made a few faces but when he saw his sister eyeing him and giving him a warning glare he stopped and pouted like a little kid. "Again, thank you everyone." Caina finished as she bowed and everybody clapped.

"Now, next we will ask for our judge Tang Jingmei to announce the winner of the Special Prize for today." The moderator asked and Jingmei walked on the stage next to Meiling.

"We really did an exception this year to select a special prize. For this prize, the winner will get 500,000 yuan cash prize in order to serve as encouragement for her persistent and outstanding performance. The Special Prize goes to..." Jingmei said smiling and then turned to the contestants. "Miss Dong Shancai." Jingmei announced and the crowd went wild. Si got up and cheered and when he was about to walk to the stage the boys caught him. They caught Meiling's warning look and they knew they didn't wake up to choose death yet. Jingmei gave Shancai her prize and the girl stepped ahead smiling.

"Actually, I never thought that I can compete together with such outstanding contestants. Zhou Caina truly deserves to win. In receiving this award, I would like to thank all the people that have helped me. Ten days ago, I wasn't brave enough to accept this challenge. I was afraid that I would lose, it would be too humiliating. Thankfully, there's someone who always encouraged me and supported me without expecting anything in return. Thank you." Shancai said smiling as she looked at Si and he smiled in love.

~~~

"Cheers!" The group said happily as they clinked their glasses. The atmosphere was friendly and happy as the group was chatting and eating.