Enamored beyond saving

Start from the beginning

"Mummy, life is hard," she murmured to herself.

Then she thought about her life as the dog quickly dissipated. She was in the middle of a prehistoric forest, she was running out of food, didn't have water, was trapped by a wolf and the fire she thought was protecting her seemed have no effect. She felt completely helpless.

She couldn't help but wonder whether or not the fog's companion had grown immune to the flames.

If only she could get out of the forest. Trying to walk out from the forest alone seemed dangerous and moreover, she had walked long distances in several directions while looking for food and not come across any outlet.

Suddenly, she sat up, and sprinted in the direction of the wolf's cave. She didn't know how she managed to find it, considering that it was far off from where she woke up. But that wasn't her concern.

She found the wolf stretching out his front legs and yawning. At that time, the fog at completely disappeared. He turned to look in her direction as soon as she stepped into the vicinity. Even in his wolf form, it was easy to tell that he didn't have any interest in what she was going to say.

"Hey!" she called, "how are you?" she greeted, "I can tell you slept well." She smiled brightly.

The wolf sat down and watched her, waiting for what she would present.

"By any chance, have you ever been outside this forest? And I'm not saying like staying out but just visiting- perhaps a friend or a relative," she asked cautiously.

In the middle of her question, the wolf stood and walked towards her. He sniffed the air around her then turned back into his human form.

"You smell different," he commented.

And who did she have to blame for that? She hadn't had a bath, least of all water ever since she arrived. And the wolf had refused to take her to any water sources.

"You know, you don't smell too good yourself," she commented, "how about finding a large water source?"

"You smell odd," he repeated.

"Thanks, it's Chanel," she retorted sarcastically. Then continued, "have you been outside the forest before?"

"Yes," he answered.

"Don't you want to go out again?" she asked.

"No!"

"Why? Why not?" she asked, "there's lots to see outside. Don't you want to see your friends again? Go back to the life you once had?"

"Now and then, there's no difference," he said.

'So he has no friends and no family! No wonder he is so comfortable here,' Denise duly noted

"Even so," she evaded the touchy subject, "don't you want to see the world? Meet knew people?"

"No."

"Come on, why not? There's lots to do outside. You could find an open field and play with a stick, stick your tongue out in the wind, you could even pee in knew places," she added, "I bet there are other dog-wolves out there that have peed on more places than you could ever count."

"If we leave now, we can start counting," she urged, "this forest can be one and the furthest place from here can be two."

Not seeming moved, he shifted back into his wolf and started walking away.

She followed behind him and blabbed on, "or or, since you don't know what to do with me, maybe you could just let me go. How's that? By the way, do you know where I can find more food? I think the rest of the potato is way too deep for me to dig out? Also I need water, please take me to water. But first, let's get out of this place. It's fine if you keep me hostage as long as we get out of here before night falls ..."