{Chapter 5}

3rd Person POV:

"You can't seem to stay out of trouble can you Maddox?"

"You know me Doc." Maddox tell her with a smile on his face. Dr. Allison rolled her eyes at Maddox because it was completely true. "Oh, I forgot! Ally these are my new brothers Zayn, Liam, Harry, Niall, and Louis. Guys this is my personal doctor, Dr. Allison, she is the one who fixes me up when I get hurt and she does all of my surgeries." The boys were shocked for two reasons. One, Maddox called them his brothers. And two, they knew he had a personal doctor to go to his house but they didn't know that the doctor did everything, including surgeries for their new little brother. In the five brothers' minds the fact that Maddox had a special doctor he trusted to do his surgeries meant that Maddox got hurt a lot more than the average thirteen-year-old. ( I made him a year older) That thought alone scared the boys to their core making them all promise themselves that they were going to look after Maddox.

Harry, Louis, Niall, Liam, and Zayn were so caught up in their own heads that when they zoned back into what was going on around them they saw the doctor putting a cast on Maddox's foot and see Maddox looking pissed off. "It's not that bad, this isn't necessary!" Maddox grits through his teeth. Elijah decided it is the right moment to interfere, "Ally, can he still be in his Jiu Jitsu tournament on Thursday? He has been training to much for this tournament for him to just sit it out." Elijah looks like he knows how she is going to answer, but still has hope she will answer the way he wants her to. "No, he is not going to be doing any practices, games, or tournaments. He will be in a cast for six to ten weeks and have to do physical therapy for another six to eight weeks." She then turned to Maddox, who is looking more sad than angry as the seconds go by and looks like he could start crying any second. She got down to where she was face to face with the thirteen-year-old, "This is for the best Mads. You have been running yourself crazy for too long and this is your sign that you need to slow down a bit when you get healthy but for now you need to take a break from everything for a while." Dr. Allison collects all her tools and says her goodbyes to everyone as well as telling Maddox one more time to rest so he can get better, then left the room.

Elijah walked the doctor to the door. The two talked quietly about the best ways to help Maddox before going over the do's and don'ts for Maddox to make sure Elijah remembered the restrictions that Maddox must have for the next month or two to get better. The adults said their farewells after they were done with their talk making Dr. Allison walk out to her car and Elijah make his way back to the living room to his son. Elijah walked around the corner and was met with the sight of his five stepsons working together to cheer his up his son. Niall was sitting with Maddox's head in his lap and running his fingers through the younger boy's hair gently. Louis was sitting on the floor in front of the couch Maddox was lying on and telling the young boy stories about playing pranks on his brothers. Harry was putting a funny movie on the Tv, it seems like he was stuck between Step Brothers or The Campaign. Zayn was taking snack and drink orders from everyone so they can munch on some food during the movie. Liam was handing out blankets to everyone. It took a few minutes before anyone notices that Elijah was back. Liam was the one to notice his stepdad was in the room, "Is everything okay?" That made everyone turn to Liam only to see that he was looking at the doorway. They switched direction to see the house's entry way.

"I'm sorry this happened Maddox. I know you want to not think about it right now, but we need to figure out how we are going to handle this?" Elijah said as he sat on the couch next to Maddox's propped up leg while the five older boys stayed quiet and listened. The young boy was quiet for about five minutes before answering in a surprisingly calm tone, "There is only one way to handle it. I'm smart enough to know that the only way this is going to heal is to do what Ally said, stay off the leg and be careful, but I do have one thing I need you to, please. Can you call my coaches and instructors to tell them that I'm out for at least three to five months? I'm going to call Brian so I can keep the rest of my health from declining while I'm down. I'm going to see if he has any exercises I can do that will benefit me and could help me recover faster too." Dad just nodded his head before standing up to go to the kitchen, messing up my hair on the out.

Luckily, the father son duo has a book type thing that they keep in the kitchen for times like this where the adults that oversee Maddox's activities must be contacted so they can plan for his absence. The book has all the contact information for coaches, instructors, physical therapists, doctors, school nurse, school counselor, principle, and vice principle. For each person, it lists the activity they oversee and their names followed by the phone numbers, and email addresses all put neatly together so it is easy to keep everything in order.

Maddox's POV:

"Do you guys care if I go ahead and call Brian really quick?" I asked Zayn, Liam, Niall, Harry, and Louis when dad out of sight. There was a round of "no's" and "go a head's" from all five so I got my phone from the pocket of my shorts. Pressing the call button on the contact that was for Brian and put it on speaker since I have a lot of cracks in the screen, I don't need to add having glass from a broken screen protector to my 'things wrong with me' list. It only rang four times before I hear Brian's voice through the speaker, "Well, if it isn't Maddox King. To what do I owe the pleasure?" I get a slight smile on my face. Brian has been my physical therapist/trainer for a little over a year, with almost constant injuries it was needed to have someone around like I have Ally around. Ally handles the figuring out what's wrong and in extreme cases fixes it by way of me being knocked out on a table while Brain helps with the rehab part of the injuries and makes it easier to get back to as good as new. Brian and I clicked when I rehabbed my last injury so for the past seven months he has been working with me on improving my workout routine to make me get stronger and faster even though I'm not injured anymore, well I wasn't injured but that's not the case anymore.

"Brian, man, I have some bad news." I say, just wanting to get straight to the point. "What did you do now, Maddox?" Brian groaned out, sounding like he was sick of having to ask me that question. I laughed a little bit before answering the older man, "I broke my ankle last night. With time in the cast I'll out for six to ten weeks and add another six to eight weeks to do physical therapy." Brian let out another groan, "What were you doing when it happened? Were you at practice? At home? Was it a simple small accident or just was it bad?" He kept shooting questions at me until I had to interrupted him.

"You know I can't keep up with the questions, dude. I had twisted my ankle at soccer practice, it wasn't bad enough to stop so I just kept going through everything I had scheduled for the afternoon with no problem. I was done with my last activity and was on the way home. I only had two work sheets that I hadn't finished yet and I wanted to get it done so I did my homework while I was walking down the sidewalk in the dark, I know...... stupid but I did it and ended up with my foot in a hole or something unexpectedly. I looked down and my foot wasn't facing the right way," Brian laughed at me for a minute and I ended up laughing right alongside him.

"For a genius, you can be extremely stupid sometimes!" "Yep. Well, my schedule is officially cleared for the next three to five months. I just wanted to let you know, but now I got to go since I'm fixing to watch a movie with my brothers." "Okay, you go watch your movie little dude. Keep me updated. See you around Youngblood!" Brian yells down the phone before hanging up after I said I'd keep him updated and bye also. Once the call was ended I look up to see the guys all looking at me with small smiles on their faces. I smile back at them before clapping my hands once and rubbing them together since they were cold. "What movie did you pick Harry?" "Step Brothers. That okay?" Harry looked at me with a worried look on his face, like I would hate what he picked. "I love that movie! The name fits us too." We all shared a good laugh at what I said before pressing play.

3rd Person POV:

Elijah got in touch with everyone and explained about how long Maddox would be on the sidelines. All his coaches told Elijah to tell Maddox that they hope he would get better soon and that his spots on the teams would be ready for him when he gets back. Elijah also made sure the workers at King Industries knew that neither Maddox or himself would be in for a few days. All six teenagers spent the rest of the day watching movies in the living room together and enjoying every minute of it.

IMPORTANT:
I will be updating all stories at the same time from now on. New chapters out every other sunday night!