Chapter 6 - To Lose Everything

Zayn POV

I could not wipe that scream from my memory. I have caused hundreds of people to scream but never like that. Her scream had sent shivers down my spine. Whatever had happened in those two weeks, I didn’t want to know. To make an innocent girl scream like that was horrible, I couldn’t do that. I couldn’t get back to sleep because every time my eyes drifted shut all I could see was her face when she thought that we were ‘Mr Collety’. The fear in her eyes, the sweat that covered her entire body and finally her scream. The memory made me shudder.

*Memory*

I was dreaming about Perrie and I. We were walking through a park, hand in hand. The paparazzi were nowhere to be found. It was quiet and peaceful. We were talking and laughing when suddenly I heard an ear piercing scream. I had looked around trying to find where it was coming from. I was ripped from my sleep as the screaming continued. I could hear doors being flung open and feet smashing into the ground as the boys ran down the hall. I shot up out of bed and followed, knowing exactly where they were going. Angelica was screaming her heart out. Harry and Niall already stood in Liam’s doorway. Louis was hot on my heels. I stopped myself and looked over Harry’s shoulder. Angelica’s body was jerking violently and Liam was leaning over the top of her, shaking her and calling her name trying to wake her. Her eyes shot open and when she noticed Liam she pushed herself out of the bed, falling on her butt. She was almost dripping in sweat and her breathing was heavy. She kept pushing herself backwards as Liam got out of bed and followed.

“What the hell is happening?” Harry asked, still looking a little groggy, as did the others.

“I don’t know she just started screaming in her sleep.” Liam said. Harry turned around to me and gave me an accusing look.

“What the hell did you do to her?” He almost screamed in my face.

“Nothing that would have gotten this reaction out of her. I was barely started when I found the scar caused by…” I stopped and Harry’s eyes lit up just as mine did. That was it. That is why she is screaming, she must have been dreaming about that man from the article. Angelica had her back to the wall, her head in between her knees, rocking back and forth, shivers coursing through her body. Louis pushed past us and slowly walked over to Angelica. He crouched down in front of her and held out his arm lightly placing his hand on his arm. Her whole body revolted against his touch and he quickly removed his hand

“Angelica?” He said in a soothing tone. “Are you ok?” She brought her head from her knees, eyes widened with fear as she looked at Louis. The rest of us slowly moved up behind Louis. She started crying and she let out another scream.

“Please. Mr. Collety, I swear, I didn’t do it. Please don’t kill me.” She looked terrified. I was slightly confused at first. She must have been hallucinating. She blinked a few times.

“Angelica? Angelica, it’s me. Louis. You know me. Remember, Louis Tomlinson.” She blinked a few times and looked up at her. We were all really concerned about her. “Are you ok?” Louis asked her and suddenly she looked like she had snapped back to reality. She thought for a couple of seconds and then nodded.

“Yeah. Yeah.” She stood up but she was stuttering, and obvious sign of fear. “Yeah. I… I… just need… a drink. Go back to sleep. I’m fine.” We were not convinced. “I’m fine. Please. I just need a drink.” She pushed past us with more force than what I expected and sprinted out of the room, leaving us all behind, staring at where she had been, shocked.

“Someone needs to go talk to her. See if she is really alright.” Louis suggested.

“I’ll do it.” We all turned our attention to Niall. “What? I can be sensitive when I want to. Also, I am very good at getting people to laugh.” We all nodded.