Chapter 1 - Taken

Angelica POV

Friday night; my favourite night of the week. I was all dressed up for clubbing tonight. I was going out with a group of about 8 girls and 6 guys as was the tradition every Friday night. I always had the night off work, which was ironically where we usually partied. I worked as a bar tender and to tell you the truth it was one of the best jobs in the world, with all the funny drunks and guys hitting on you there was never a dull moment at work. The clock had just ticked over nine o’clock as I heard the car horn go off outside my place. I picked up my bag and phone and ran out the door remembering to leave the entrance light on for when I got home early tomorrow morning. Josh sat in the driver’s seat of his ’67 Ford Mustang that his parents had bought him for his 21st last year. Josh was one of those guys that at first glance you would expect to be a really big player but once you got to know him he was actually really nice. We had been dating since he was in senior year and out of pure luck we had both been accepted to the Queensland University of Technology. He had 2 months left in his Bachelor of Architecture and I was just beginning my dual degree of a Bachelor of Music and a Bachelor of Creative and Professional Writing. He pushed open the passenger’s side door and I jumped in giving him a quick peck on the lips before closing my door and putting on my seatbelt.

“You look amazing. As usual.” He said as he began to drive away.

“Thanks. You too.” I said. He smiled.

“I think 4.” He said. I knew what he was talking about. We had an ongoing bet. Every Friday we would guess how many people would hit on us. Fifty dollars for the person who was closest to being right.

“Five.”

“Oh, really. You’re on Angel.” He replied teasingly. It took five minutes to drive to the club. The Bellevue club was the most popular in town and the line was almost half a kilometre long every Friday and Saturday night. The gang was already outside when we got there. I walked up to the doorman.

“Hey Dad, how is Brian?” I asked him.

“Oh, hey Angelica. He is good. Brian got a straight A report card.”

“Wow.” I pulled out a hundred dollar note. “Give this to him.” I pulled out another four hundreds. “Keep the rest for yourself.

“Thanks sweety. Have a good night.” He opened the door for me and my group. I heard a mass of people grown as we walked inside and I just rolled my eyes. The music was pumping and you could feel the bass vibrate through you. I moved straight for the bar and everyone followed. I knew tonight would be different. I never realised how different.

**

“Hello, beautiful.” That was number four for tonight. I turned around and looked at the guy. He looked familiar but in this light it was hard to tell who he was or where I knew him from.

“Hi.”

“Can you I get you a drink?” His British accent making me weak in the knees; what can I say, I’m a sucker for the British.

“Only if I get a name?” I replied with a devious smile.

“You should know.” He exclaimed I looked harder but the lack of light was making it hard.

“Sorry?” being apologetic.

“Louis Tomlinson. You know, from One Direction.”

“Oh right, the gay boy band. Oh, wait. I said that out loud, didn’t I?” He nodded. “Sorry.”