Chapter : Sixteen

Taehyung POV

Taehyung POV

It's been two weeks since we went to that classic Italian restaurant. Today, Jungkook suddenly came to the cafe and dragged me with him and now he is leading me to a small clearing. I see the starlight, those beautiful pinpricks of light in the infinite dark expanse of the universe.

"Wow..." I stutter. "Beautiful, isn't it?" he asks, slipping behind me. He hugs me around the waist, and I flinched instinctively away from the unexpected contact.

"It's... stunning" I grasp desperately for the correct word. "Turn around, I have one more surprise" he commands.

I turn around, and all I see is him, his delicate smile and the deep blushing on his face. "You were right, it's beautiful" I say, and his cheeks redden further.

"There's more" he says, and leans in quickly. His lips touch mine gently and affectionately. My mind immediately crowds with a million thoughts, but I push them away for the moment, desiring nothing more than to enjoy this moment.

Almost immediately, he recoils shyly and blushes uncontrollably. I stand in shock, the swarm of thoughts flowing into my mind.

He begins to retreat, fearing that he may have taken things too far, too quickly. I move quickly to him, brushing away his hair. I lean in and gently guide his head toward mine.

Our kiss lasts mere moments, but it feels great. Thousands of thoughts are forced away to make room for one single idea. Hold on to this moment forever. I release and rest my forehead against his.