Chapter 5: Evil Returns To Midgard

Start from the beginning

The books were often wrong more than they were right. There were no horns on Viking helmets, and their armor was mismatched. Whatever armor they looted from their victims, they wore.

You remember watching one of the Vikings from your hiding place. He buried his hatchet in one of the villager's chests and then proceeded to claim his victim's weapon as his own.

"It has been quite a while, though thinking back on it still hurts." You pause as you let out a painful sigh. "Hilda. Her name was 'Hilda'." You say softly.

Thor places his hand on your shoulder to support you as you wipe away the tear on your cheek. In appreciation, you place your hand on his. On the other hand, Loki appears to be bored out of his mind as he yawns and taps his foot impatiently.

"Has 'Hilda' ever told you anything about your origins?" Mímir asks.

"She didn't. I remember her telling me that she would take care of me until my parents found us. She sometimes mumbled pieces of stories that didn't make much sense."

"Stories?" Mímir furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

"She kept telling me that a sorceress might be looking for me, followed by telling me that there was no way home. That was the only thing I remember."

"No known way back home. Hmmm." Mímir scribbles some more sentences on his parchment.

"At this point, I'm not sure if that means my hometown was destroyed or if I'm just in the wrong country, continent or planet." You sigh. "I wish I had had more time with her, I wish I had asked her more questions." You rant. After scribbling once more, Mímir pats your shoulders softly.

"If she died in battle, she is now in Valhalla and at peace." You smile at Mímir's words and utter a soft 'thank you' as he walks toward Odin.

"Thank you, Allfather. My inquiries have been answered." Mímir bows to Odin before walking out of the hall.

"Mímir will see to it that the search is done thoroughly. Until then, your presence here on Asgard is neither necessary nor desired. You will be sent back to Midgard until we have additional information."

"I appreciate your help and I thank you, Allfather." You bow your head respectfully, despite finding Odin's comment really rude that he doesn't want you on Asgard. There is no doubt that Odin makes sure no one stays in the Golden City unless they 'belong' there.

"Be well, Nova Hemming." Odin bows in respect as you step aside. Loki and Thor approach the throne.

"My sons, you will join her on her journey back to Midgard as discussed. Thor, Heimdall will call upon you when we require your aid."

"Yes, father." Thor says.

"Loki." Odin says sternly.

"Yes, oh mighty one." Loki's every word drips with sarcasm as he takes two steps closer to the throne.

"Remember that this is your last chance at redemption. If you wish to return home and take your place among the gods, this is the only way to do so."

"Yes, yes. Mingle with the band of witless heroes and work with them." Loki mocks sarcastically.

" Loki mocks sarcastically