Chapter 11:tea party

Gu Li-juan was invited to a tea party by a marquis daughter,

Ofcourse she has to come!it was her duty as a duke's daughter!

To socialise!socialise and socialise!

She woke up early to prepare,there was a lot of things to do every social gatherings she will attend!

She thought at first it was unnecessary but when she attend for the first time she know why,

Those smiling faces hid the most lethal weapon who can kill without a blood.

When she heard the noble girls talk she almost splurted out the tea she was drinking

"Miss Chang seems to get better and better"

"Thank you miss Ru"

"Yes!see your skin?it seems returning to normal!i was scared when i saw you sometime ago!i thought it was your grandma!"

"Yeah!my skin is really sensitive!i remember when you let me borrow your Hanfu,my skin was scrubbed red until it almost bled!i wonder how you wore those but now i know".

So now because she doesnt want to be 'killed' in social gatherings she has to do this!.

She wore a peach color long Hanfu dress that makes her skin more whiter and she wore a silver hairpin with a peach blossom.

Although her outfit is simple but Gu Li-juan will stand out whatever she wore.

After drawing her eyebrows she was ready to go!

No need to put any make up because wherever she is she always wore a veil,

Except when the time she disguise as a man.

Although they are talking about her wearing veil,the real Gu Li-juan was just laughing it out.

When she arrived a lot of nobles are already there,she descend from the carriage with the help of he handmaid Huahua.

A lot of hot stares are already on her even after just coming down

"Welcome miss Gu,thank you for attending my simple tea party"

"Thank you miss Liu,for inviting and welcoming Li-juan,and miss Liu's tea party looks amazing!".

After the pleasantries they already settle down,they didnt need any introductions,they are all in same circles so after simple greetings they start conversing.

"I heard that the He family reach out for engagement to Gu family,is it true?"

The other lady ask Gu Li-juan,she stop drinking her tea and gently answer

"Li-juan doesnt know,Li-juan's parents doesnt inform her,but if that is true Li-juan was glad that it was not continue"

She pause to drank some tea and continue

"After all Li-juan doesnt want to be an evil person who go between the two affectionate couple,even if miss Xungyin said that Li-juan is mistaken,it was still not good sight,the scandal was already spread out so if Li-juan got engage to master He it wont look good at all!and Li-juan doesnt want to pull into the muddle water"

The group was silent for a while and agree to her,even them and their family wont allow them to get engage to a person with a scandal!

Even the He family has higher rank but it wasnt still not good!

"I heard that young master He is very heart broken!"

"How can you say that?"

"One of our manor's servant heard from the market!apparently young master He really like the young mis Xungyin!"

"Ooohhh!"

"But she actually dare to deny?"

"Really no shame at all!"

The young nobles ladies conversation while Gu Li-juan was enjoying that the female lead's name ruin but  she knows that she cant be happy for a long time.

After the tea party,Gu Li-juan went home directly but was stopped in the middle of the road.

"What's wrong?"

"Miss Hua,there seems to be an accident in front?let this servant check"

Said the guard.

"Young miss! Its baron wu's eldest daughter"

Gu Li-juan nod,she heard about this eldest daughter!

They said that this young miss is very arrogant!suppressing the commoners and lower ranking than them is her hobby!

And she like punishing them in public!

This was Gu Li-juan hated the most!because you are rich and your family has title so you can decide the life of others?

It is really slap to the face of poor people!life is really unfair!

So you better work hard to stand tall that you wont be stepped on!

But if the commoner stand up on higher ground,only very little people will remain kind!

And most will forget where they came from!

Just like this baron Wu!

She got down from her carriage and personally want to resolve this and show this arrogant woman how to really suppress a person according to hiarchy!.

"Li-juan didnt know that a baron household is this already powerfull!can even block the main road without having a problem"