In Flames 27:Nanlilimos

In Flames Twenty Seven

Gianna

"Stupid shoes!" I hissed under my breath. Padabog kong tinanggal ang aking heels. The office will not take me seriously if I'm too small in front of them. Ipinatong ko ang aking paa sa upuan ng sasakyan. I could atleast have my small rebellion. Knowing that my feet might be dirty, it will annoy the aggravating person beside me.

Victoria just watched me and smirked. I want to wipe it off her face. Ngumuso ako at mas lalong nagsalubong ang kilay.

"Hmph!" pinarinig ko sa kanya ang aking pagsusungit. Umirap pa ako.

I heard her laugh slightly. Goodness, that voice! Mas lalo akong naiinis dahil gusto kong tumingin sa kanya at lumapit para mas mapakinggan ang pagtawa niya.

"Anong kailangan kong gawin para hindi ka na mainis?"

Hindi ko siya sinagot. Nahuli niya ako sa office kanina. I planned to leave as soon as it was time for our out. But my boss kept me at the pretense of having somehthing to discuss with me. But I know why I was beng held back.

"I'll give you whatever you want," she tried consoling me.

And it made me shift in my seat. Victoria doesn't say something she doesn't mean. If she says she'll give me whatever I want, she will.

"Really? Whatever. I .Want?" May diin ang bawat salita para sigurado ang mga kondisyon.

Victoria bit her lip, stifling a smile.

"Yes, whatever you want," she said confidently and with challenge na parang alam niya na ang lalabas sa bibig ko. And frankly, I know she does.

"Then bring me home and never show your face again. Not in my office, not in my apartment, not ever!"

The smile remained on her face but the humor disappeared.

"I'm sorry, but that is declined," aniya.

Earlier, I only faced her halfway, now I faced her fully. "Ang sabi mo ay kahit ano!"

"Ang sabi ko ay kahit anong gusto mo," tango niya sa akin habang nakahalukipkip.

"Kaya nga!" I said in an "obviously" tone.

"Meaning, gagawin ko lang kapag gusto mo. Tell me..." she uncrossed her arms then leaned close to me. "Is that really what you want? For me to leave and never show my face to you again?"

Kung nang aasar lang siya ay madali lang sabihin na oo dahil alam kong hindi rin naman siya susunod. But now that the playfulness in her voice was absent, I knew she'd do it for real if I say yes. Napapaisip tuloy ako kung ano ang mas masakit. Ang makita siya ngunit hindi siya maabot o ang hindi na talaga siya makita.

Tears threatened to form.

"I thought so," her mouth tipped up. And I wanted to sigh in relief if only she's not watching me. She knows she won but I won't give her the satisfaction of giving her a confirmation.

My head shot up to kuya Maurice. I looked at him through the rearview mirror.

"Kuya Maurice..." and as expected, agad siyang tumingin sa rearview mirror. "Drive us to a near mall, please."

If she won't drop me off at home , maybe I should take my revenge the other way. In the worst way possible.

Tumingin naman si kuya Maurice kay Victoria para kumpirmahin kung sang ayon ba siya sa gusto ko.

"Kung ano ang gusto niya, ninong," sabi ni Victoria.

Tumango si kuya Maurice ngunit nakita ko ang kaunting pagngiwi niya. He has been my driver for a long time back then. I'm confident that he already carried a lot of shopping bags in his life because of me.