In Flames 17: Camera

In Flames Seventeen

Gianna

TW: Sexual Harassment

With slow and heavy footsteps, I forced myself to make it back to practice. Earlier, when I was at the exact moment with Dexter, my mind was blank and all I wanted was to cry, scream and resist. Those were instinctive. Wala akong malay sa nangyayari, but I know I just wanted to get out of there. To get the threat out of the way. Pero ngayong andito na ako sa labas, sa harap ng mga batchmates ko na pawisan at nag eenjoy sa dance practice, doon ko lang napagtanto kung ano ang nangyari sa loob ng cr.

My eyes got heavy, my chest shrank inside while my eyes roamed on each of my batchmates' faces.

I envied them.

I should have been one of those faces. Lips stretching, eyes smiling, cackling up by their friends' jokes and stories while on break. I should have been here! Not inside that restroom being cornered, violated, and disrespected.

Abala sila sa mga sarili nilang mundo. They went on normally. Walang bumabagabag sa kanila. Wala silang malay na habang maligaya sila rito ay may lumuluha sa loob ng rest room. I'm not blaming them.

Victoria's eyes found me. Her brows twitched, sensing that there was something different. That's when my emotions spiked.

Of course she would always know. And I'm afraid that if she knew what happened in detail, I'd lose her.

You should have fought harder. Kung ayaw mo makakagawa ka ng kahit anong paraan para makaalis doon. Baka naman ginusto mo talaga. Just admit that you were also tempted and were too weak to resist. Ang mga ito ay pwedeng gamitin ng lahat laban sa akin.

Kaya ano pang magagawa ng pagsasalita ko? So many girls wanted the chance to be touched by Dexter. Pipili na lang siya sa kanila. Why would he try someone unwilling? Yan ang iisipin ng tao.

Nanginig ang aking labi maging ang aking kamao.

When a tear fell from my eye, Victoria almost pushed everyone in the way just to get to me.

I sobbed and closed my eyes at the exact time that she caught my face in her hand. Only when her body covered me from everyone's view did I have the courage to cry.

"Gianna, what happened? What's wrong?" I sensed panic in her voice. In different circumstances, I could have teased her for finally having emotions. But all I could do was cry.

My eyes watered too much and I feel like I'm choking and drowning in my own tears. And I wished I could stay under. Para hindi ko na kailangang umahon at humarap sa mga matang nag aabang.

"V-Victo...ria..." my voice broke and I sobbed harder.

She cursed and pulled me closer to her, wrapping one arm around my shoulders and the other made me lean on her chest and caressed my hair. I flinched and tensed.

Touched. Dirty. Invasive. Uncomfortable.

Kahit na nanghihina ako ay ginamit ko ang natitirang pwersa para kumalas sa kanya. But unlike the one who jailed me in his arms in the restroom, the person who is holding me now freed me.

Nagsalubong ang kanyang kilay. Niyakap ko ang sarili ko. I shut my thighs tighter, as if that would stop anyone from touching me down there.

"Maayos ka pa naman kanina..." iginala niya ang mata niya sa aking katawan na para bang makakahanap siya ng sagot doon.

"What happened in the restroom?" parang kulog ang kanyang boses.

When I don't speak now, she'll know! If she figures it out on her own, everyone will want to stick their nose on this. I hate it! I hate it!