In Flames 18: Deal

In Flames Eighteen

Gianna

"You saw! That she felt uncomfortable! She was hesitant!" kuya Vance's voice almost rang throughout the house. Every glasses would've shattered if it was able to feel how furious he was.

"V-Vance..." nanginginig ang boses ni mommy.

"You don't get to use the parent card on me. You look like you want to punch me, dad. Go ahead! Sinong mas nakakahiya sa ating dalawa sa kaalamang pinilit niyo pa rin si Gianna sa Dexter na 'yon?!"

I clutched kuya Vance's blanket to my chest. Hindi ko kayang manatili sa kwarto ko. The place I used to consider as my safe haven is now a home of demons that will surely be hunting me til' the end of my days.

"Ano na lang ang mangyayari sana kung di ako dumating, ha?!" sa halip na mamatay ang galit ni kuya sa katagalan ng pag uusap nila ay parang mas nabubuhay pa ito. Na parang hindi mo pa matatawag na galit ang nauna. Paparating pa lang ito sa bawat bato.

Nasa labas sila ng kwarto ni kuya Vance. Akala nila ay natutulog ako rito sa loob at hindi sila naririnig. How can I sleep peacefully after that?

"Please, Vance. Let us talk to Gianna. She's our daughter," mommy cried.

From what I've gathered from their conversation, kuya refuses to let mommy and daddy see me right now.

"A daughter who you allowed to be alone with a guy?" kuya's tone was sharp, wanting to stab mommy right where it hurts because she knew it was true.

"Vance Hamilton, you will not speak to your mom this way!" parang kulog ang boses ni dad. At the same time, it was restrained. "It wasn't as if we wanted this to happen. Lahat tayo dito ay galit! Stop making us criminals."

Kuya sighed. Torn between his respect for our parents and the anger that equaled it.

"You'll face her right now, mom? At ano ang gagawin mo? You'll comfort her habang naaalala niya na kayo ang nag insist na sama samahan si Dexter? Just how betrayed will she fee-"

The crashing sound of the vase made its way to my hearing, followed by a thud and groan. It made me sit up from lying on the bed.

I felt the heat on the corners of my eyes. I wiped my tear stained cheeks.

It's my fault isn't it? Kung sa simula pa lang sana ay nireject ko na si Dexter. Maybe he saw my permission for courtship as an invitation for intimacy. And now, my family is in conflict with another elite family, my scandals may stain their honor, and my situation caused a feud between my parents and my brother. All because of a touched and filthy woman like I am.

"You're allowed to punch me all you want. But you won't see her. She's not ready..."

I huffed out a breath. When the door creaked open, I got back to lying down. I faced the other way so kuya won't see me.

He hissed behind me. Dinig ko ang pag inda niya ng sakit. And that's what made me face him. I need to see him.

Namilog ang mata ko.

"K-kuya..." my voice broke, strained from all the shouting I did. Kuya is busy looking for the first aid kit in his bathroom

When I got his attention, he immediately neglected what he was doing and walked to sit on his bed beside me.

"How are you, Gianna?" he kissed my forehead and shook his head, followed by a bitter chuckle. "Of course, I shouldn't be asking that. H'wag mong sagutin."

"I-I thought you had a group activity. Kaya wala ka raw kanina nung hinahanap kita," subok kong ibahin ang usapan. I just feel so numb that I don't want to talk about what happened.