𝑪𝑰𝑰𝑰. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒎 𝑩𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 2)

Start from the beginning

     Pulling out her hunting knife, she threw it into another walkers head as the dog took out the last walker.

     Retrieving her hunting knife and sheathing it, she picked up her crossbow as she caught her breath, "Good dog.".

     The dog barked before rushing up to her and hopped up on its back legs before it happily licked her face.

     Giggling, she scratched the german shepherd behind its ears, "You're a cute doggie, aren't you?".

     Taylor then froze as she heard the cock of a gun from behind her, "Drop your weapons and get away from the dog.".

     Dropping her crossbow, Taylor then unbuckled her belt along with her sheath and let the two items fall to the ground along with her crossbow, "Listen, lady. I-I don't want any trouble. I'm just trying to find some food.".

     "Says the lady touching my Dog. C'mere." The unknown lady called for her supposed Dog that just so happened to be named Dog.

Dog walked past Taylor and to the unknown woman behind her as she ordered once more, "Turn around and hands where I can see them.".

Slowly, Taylor turned around and faced the unknown woman, seeing a dirty blonde haired girl around Daryl's age holding a double barrel shotgun.

Taylor hated how much energy it took out of her to take out those walkers; she felt ready to fall over...

The woman's face softened at the sight of Taylor, "You're just a teenager...".

Sniffling from the cold, Taylor clung to her military coat as a particular chilling breeze gusted through the air, "I'm just trying to find food for me and my dad. He's...he's really sick. Do you have any medical supplies or food to spare?".

The woman looked her over one more time before slowly lowering her shotgun, "Think you can keep up? It's a fair walk to my place and you look thinner than a tree branch.".

Taylor nodded, a bright smile spreading across her face, "Thank you so much! Seriously, this means a lot to me.".

The woman simply nodded before whistling for Dog, "Dog! C'mon, we're heading back.".

Taylor followed the woman silently through the woods after grabbing her gear as they made their way to her place, and roughly half an hour later, they came up to a wooden cabin.

"Do you and Dog just live out here by yourselves?" Taylor finally asked, breaking the awkward silence between the two as she looked over the wooden structure.

"I tend to stay away from people." The woman replied as she opened the door to the porch, "I'm making an exception for you because I feel bad and have a surplus amount of supplies. Now get inside, it's freezing.".

As soon as Taylor crossed the threshold of the porch, she heard the woman mutter a sorry before something was rammed into the back of her head, knocking her out cold.

"You can never be too careful." Was the last thing Taylor heard from the woman before everything faded...

•••