Jimin ♡ Prom [request]

Start from the beginning

Later that evening, you arrived at Jimin's house, the sun lowering in the sky, painting the horizon with vibrant streaks of orange and yellow. Giving a few brisk knocks on the door, you waited for an answer.
Moments later, the door opened revealing a sweet, smiling Jimin. His beaming grin made all your troubles melt away instantly.
"You're right on time. The pizza just got here a few minutes ago."
"Great." You smiled, rubbing your hands together in anticipation. "That means it's still hot."

You allowed yourself to get comfortable on the couch, kicking your shoes off and setting them aside.
"So, are we going to watch a movie? Play video games? Board games?" You listed off.
Jimin took a seat beside you. "I'd like to have a slice of pizza before it gets cold first."
"Good idea."
The tantalizing scent of the freshly baked pizza was making your mouth water, so of course, you couldn't pass up digging in right away.
Jimin moved to the pizza box, pulling it open. You began to reach for a slice only to stop when you noticed writing on the inside of the box.

Will you go to prom with me?

The cutely drawn bubble letters were accompanied by butterflies, ones you recognized immediately, as it was something Jimin had drawn before.
Rendered speechless by the gesture, you turned to your best friend sitting next to you, your mouth hanging open.
"It's not much, but it's all I could think of." He admitted bashfully.
"It's perfect." You beamed.
"So, that's a yes?"
"Yes it's a yes!" You leaned over, wrapping your arms around Jimin's narrow waist, squeezing as hard as you could.
He let you a breathy chuckle, bringing his hand up to pat the top of your head.
"Have you bought your dress yet?"
"No. I haven't. I was..." You trailed off.
"Go on." He urged softly.
"I was... waiting for you to ask me first."
Jimin's brows raised slightly. "You were?"
You nodded, embarrassed about your admission.
"In that case, I'm sorry it took me so long."
You sat upright. "No! Your timing is perfect. Prom is still two weeks away. We have time."
"Let's talk about it while we eat our pizza, hm?"
"Right, right." You nodded, reaching for a slice, your eyes lingering on the promposal written inside the box as you fought back a smile.

The following weekend you and Jimin head to the local mall with a plan in mind, searching for a tuxedo and a dress. You discussed that you'd both look at what was available, but neither of you could see each other in your chosen prom attire.

"Let's stop there first." Jimin pointed to a formalwear shop near the food court.
As soon as you stepped foot in the store, your eyes were drawn towards many different dresses, all in various colors.
Jimin could see the glint in your eye as you marveled at the formal garments.
"I know we agreed on one color, but if you find a dress in a different one that you like, I can accommodate." He told you.
The offer was so kind and considerate, but you would do your best to stick to the decided color.

After parting ways, you maneuvered your way over to a clothing rack containing quite a few dresses that caught your eye, thumbing through each one. As you made your way around the store, you accumulated quite a few garments, tossing them over your arm to try them on later. By the time you and Jimin joined up again, you'd amassed about seven dresses.
"Doesn't your arm hurt?" Jimin chuckled.
"A little."
Your eyes caught sight of four tuxedos in his arms and suddenly, you felt a little embarrassed.

"I'm going to try these on. Do you want to go to the fitting rooms?"
You nodded.
You each carried your selected items in separate rooms to try on. The dresses you had  were hanging on the only two hooks available. In no particular order, you began trying them on. The first one was a two piece, the top was shimmery and the bottom flared out a bit like a princess's gown. It looked nice and the little sliver of skin showing between the top and the bottom pieces wasn't enough for you to feel uncomfortable.
"How are you doing over there?" Jimin's muffled voice inquired from next door.
"This one isn't it."
"Yeah. I'm not liking mine all that much."
"Should we show each other since we're not choosing these?"
"Sure."