Chapter Six

Henry's house was definitely a lot quieter without him here. Multiple photo albums were sitting on the coffee table in front of her, Jasper, Mrs. Hart, Mr. Hart, and Piper, all showing Henry from a baby all the way to now. They were currently compiling a photo board for a karaoke fundraising event for Henry that was sponsored by Kid Danger. Charlotte wasn't sure why it was a karaoke event since Henry hated singing, but whatever helped raised money was good enough for her.

"Do you really think this Go-Fund-Yourself page is a good idea?" Mrs. Hart asked again. Charlotte let out a soft breath. "I feel bad because we really don't need that much help for the bills yet. There're people that actually need this money, right?"

"We already have this whole fundraising event planned," Charlotte told Mrs. Hart gently. She reached out and touched her hand, hoping that she listened to her this time around. "Kid Danger is going to make an appearance to help raise money. You do deserve it, okay? Henry wouldn't want you guys to go bankrupt because of him."

"She's right, Mrs. Hart," Jasper said. For once in his life, he was actually being helpful here at Henry's house with Henry's parents. He was nice and gentle with them instead of his normal attitude. "You know Charlotte, she's always right."

"Yeah," Mrs. Hart said with a quick nod. "You two are right."

Charlotte nodded, too. She hated seeing Henry's family like this. Even Piper was sniffling as they looked through pictures of her brother, and that wasn't normal for her. This plan wasn't as nice as she thought it was going to be, though she already knew it wasn't going to be fun.

However, she couldn't focus much on her feelings because there was a knock on the front door. "I'll get that," Mr. Hart said.

Charlotte watched him open the door to reveal the newscaster that was going to cover the karaoke fundraiser. Henry was able to get the news to come out to help get more money for his family. 

"It's almost time," Mr. Hart said to Piper and Mrs. Hart. "They want to talk to the three of us for a second."

"I'll bring the photo board outside," Charlotte told Mrs. Hart before she could grab it and mess it up. "You don't have to worry about it."

"Thank you, Charlotte," Mrs. Hart said softly. "You've been so helpful lately. I don't know how I can thank you."

"Henry's my best friend. I would do anything for him."

Mrs. Hart smiled sadly at her before following her husband and daughter out the door. Charlotte sighed and stood up, too. Jasper joined her.

"This has been pretty hard," he said to her, "seeing them like this, especially because Henry isn't actually hurt."

"I know." She grabbed the completed photo board that was resting against the chair. "We should probably get out there now and get this set up."

"Good idea."

The two of them headed outside together. Charlotte was surprised to find a crowd of at least fifty people standing in the front yard and on the driveway at Henry's house. Most of them were probably waiting for Kid Danger to show up, but some of them looked like they were from school. Even Miss Shapen showed up.

Charlotte set the photo board on the easel that was set up in front of the news cameras at the edge of the front porch. She hurried back to where she had been standing at the front porch. She definitely didn't want to be in the news right now on accident. 

"Where is he, Jasper?" Charlotte whispered to him. The news people were talking to the cameras, so she knew the karaoke fundraiser had officially started. "Shouldn't he be here by now? I mean, it seems like everyone in Swellview is here but him."