"He's my best friend," Charlotte said as she pulled away from the tight embrace. "Of course, I would come visit him."

Mrs. Hart's face was pinched, like she was about to cry. "I think I'm going to visit the nurse's station," she said, her voice thick. "See if they have anything to tell me about his condition and if he has gotten any better recently."

"She's been crying nonstop since the accident happened," Piper whispered to Charlotte once her mom left the hospital room. "Dad's been trying to make her happy, but she wants nothing to do with him right now."

"I can understand why. This is her son, Piper. She loves him more than you will ever know."

"So, what's up with you and Kid Danger?" Piper suddenly asked. "I know you two have been hanging out all the time at school." Charlotte opened her mouth to answer, but Piper held up her hand, signaling to her that she was not done talking just yet. "And what happened in that janitor's closet on the first day that you two met?"

"Seriously, Piper?" Charlotte asked. She couldn't believe that her whole body was heating up in embarrassment at the question that Piper asked her. She also couldn't believe that Piper would ask her that in front of the Henry double. "We're here for your brother that could be dying, but you have to ask me about what happened with Kid Danger and me in the janitor's closet?"

"Charlotte, you're hiding something," Piper said, ignoring everything that she had said to her. She pointed to Charlotte with the largest grin she had ever seen. "Are you blushing? I can't tell. It seems like you're definitely hiding something, though."

"No, I'm not."

"I can see it right on your face! You can't lie to me, honey."

"Okay, Piper," Charlotte said softly, glancing at the bandage-covered Henry double, "here's the deal. Kid Danger and I . . ."

Her grin turned a little more sinister when she asked, "Yes?"

"Talked."

Piper's smile fell off of her face with a loud groan. There was no way Charlotte was going to say anything else to Piper about what her and Henry did in that janitor's closet because there was nothing else they had done together. They talked more about the plan they were supposed to be starting during their first hour, much to her disappointment that she was missing her first hour. Besides, Charlotte didn't want to talk to Piper about her relationship with Kid Danger because she was talking about her own brother, even if she didn't know it.

"You really are the worst," Piper told her. "You are awful."

"Thank you so much, Piper. That means a lot to me."

"So, you two aren't together?" Piper asked her. Was Piper really not listening to anything Charlotte was telling her? She kept ignoring when she spoke just to talk more about Kid Danger. She assumed that was what her life was going to be like for the time being. "Like, together together?"

"I didn't say that."

Piper's gasp was so loud that Charlotte expected the Henry dummy to rise up from the bed. She winced in pain when Piper gripped her arm as tightly as she could. "What are you talking about?" Piper demanded. "You have to tell me about it all."

"As long as you promise you won't tell anyone. Especially the Man Fans."

Piper raised both hands like she was swearing on the Bible in front of a judge. "I swear to you, Charlotte, that I won't tell a single soul."

Charlotte leaned closer to Piper. She didn't want anyone else to hear what she was saying because she didn't want them to somehow alert the news about what her and Kid Danger were going to do next. "He's taking me out on a date next week to a carnival in Neighborville."