42.2

,,How come you found us, though?", you ask, resting some of your weight on Daniela ,,What is going on?".
,,Oh, we are attacking Miranda and trying to take her down".
,,Already?". Your eyes widen in shock.
,,Lov, mother has gone feral after you disappeared", Cassandra huffs ,,What did you expect? That she would wait for a few weeks?".
,,I... I don't even know how long we have been down in the prison to be honest", A sigh leaves your lips and you wrap one arm around Danielas waist ,,But it feels so good to be out here again".
The first sight of the woods after you step out of the tunnel and the fresh, warm air that enters your lungs almost makes you emotional, Miranda threatened to kill you after all and experiencing this now is almost unreal.
,,I just find it hard to believe that Alcina would work with Ethan", you speak out after following the paths between the trees for a while and Daniela chuckles.
,,That only shows how serious it was for her, you know".

You bite your tongue and nod, staying quiet because you don't know what to say to that. Imagining being important enough for someone that they would get the enemy on their side to get you back... It sounds a bit straight out of a romance novel, but this is real life and it was happening to you.
A bit of sunshine breaks through the leaves and you watch the light dance on the ground below you, wanting to say something about how Miranda wanted to use you for your experiment and finding out about your parents, when a muffled scream got to your ear and you immediately stop walking.
,,Was that...".
,,Seems like we are close to the field already", Bela says and she walks past you and Daniela to the front of the group as you notice the noise of gun firing, even more screams and... Was that a roar?

,,Mother is near, too", Cassandra raises her eyes up and you follow her gaze, freezing on the spot when something gigantic just flew above the branches and leaves that were partially blocking your sight to the sky.
,,What...", you whisper.
,,As I said, mother is near too", she repeats and laughed. Her expression turns more serious though when she realises you are genuinely confused and a bit scared as well, you had to admit.
,,She never told you?", Daniela asks.
,,...told me what?".
,,She can turn into a gigantic, somewhat horrifying dragon", she said and shrugged, as if that was something completely normal.

,,We have never seen that form of her before, but from down here I must say that I am impressed", Cassandra exclaims as she lowers her eyes again.
,,She probably forgot to tell you", Daniela grins ,,So, you can look behind the human-eating, blood-drinking and killing, the fact that she's almost ten feet tall and her daughters are literal flies, but her turning into a dragon is too much? Please".
,,I am just suprised, that's all", you say in slight amusement at the girls self-awareness of their rather odd life ,,She will never be too much for me".

,,God, this is awfull", Cassandra gags, receiving a light slap against her shoulder from Bela and the older girl whispers: ,,Shut up, this is cute".
,,For you, maybe", the dark-haired girl roles her eyes and suddenly pulls the sickle out of her belt ,,Anyways, can we go kill some people now?".
,,Slow down there, let's get a sight of the battle first and then decide what to do", Bela says and continues following the paths now ,,Maybe they will be finished already when we get there".
,,I hope not".

The closer you get to the battle, the louder the yells, screams, gunshots and other odd noises which you can't even put a name on, get and you tighten your grip around Danielas waist.
You fear what you might see there.
A few bushes separated the free area from the edge of the forest and Bela tells everyone to hide behind it for a moment, what means you can hear all the horrible sounds up close, but you can't see the source of them.
,,Daniella, you, Mia, Angie and Y/N are going to stay here with a few men", the oldest daughter says ,,It is far too dangerous for you".
,,Fine", Daniela huffs ,,Whatever. But I want to keep Viktor here".
The bearded man gives the girl a quick, slightly confused look but he nods as Cassandra tells eight other men to stay.