3

Back in the day, when you used to be about seven years old, the girls in the orphanage loved playing princess and pretending to live in a castle, waiting for their prince charming to come around.
They would dress up in pink dresses that the caretakers brought them, trying to walk elegant and speaking like a noble person, acting as if they were rich and attended balls with other girls, dancing with an imaginary prince.
You always only watched.
For some reason you had a hard time believing that things like that happened in real life.

And you were right.
Living in a castle wasn't pink at all.

The lady of the house, Alcina Dimitrescu as she introduced herself later on, gave you a job as a maiden at the castle and after your talk in the basement she brought you back upstairs where you met the three daughters again.
They didn't seem to be too happy with their mothers decision but Lady Dimitrescu assured you that nothing would happen to you and introduced you to them.

The oldest, Bela, was the one who insisted on bringing you into the basement in the first place so in a way she was the reason you weren't murdered.
Cassandra, the middle child, was the one who called you pretty and said that you smelled delicious, whatever that meant and the third daughter, Daniela, the redhead, was the one who wanted to hang you like a pig.

'Their names sure are prettier than their intentions' was what you thought when Lady Dimitrescu closed the door behind you after she brought you into your personal room and you released a big, deep breath.

And now it is past three in the morning, you laid awake the past hour and for some reason you don't want to sleep.
It turned out you only were in the basement for about three hours and after the introduction Lady Dimitrescu already gave you the tasks for the next morning. Another maid would help you settle in and you even feel a little exited about working since you would get to see the castle but for some reason you have the strong urge to get up and explore the corridors now.

But you are not sure if you are allowed to do so. The lady told you to stay in your room until the morning.
Your eyes are fixed on the ceiling while you fight y with ourself, arguing back and forth rather if you should try and sleep or get up an walk around a little.
Looking is nothing illegal but maybe it looks suspicious.

You came into the castle as a thief after all.

A sigh escapes your lips and you turn to the side, pulling up the blanket up and snuggling into your pillow.
You should try and focus on not fucking up for the moment.

"Y/N?".
You scoot up, light flooding your room and you turn to the door where a woman in a black dress stands, her hair tied into an elegant bun and despite her rather authoritarian looks she has a kind expression on her face.
,,Good morning", you say and clear your throat ,,I'm sorry, did I sleep in?".

,,No, no. Everything is okay. I am supposed to wake you up and show you how tings work around here", she says and smiles ,,I'm Vaela. I already brought you your uniform", She points to the chair on the left where a stack of clothing lays ,,I give you fifteen minutes to get ready and then I'll pick you up. Okay?".
You give her a nod and she leaves your room again but it takes you a second to leave the warmth of your bed.

Eventually you place your bare feet on the cold stone and walk over to the clothes Vaela placed on the chair.
It is a pair of white stockings, a similar dress to the one she is wearing and even underwear. Beneath the chair you spot a pair of black shoes and you raise your eyebrows. They really provide for everything here, it seems.

You get dressed and rush into the bathroom to splash some water into your face and brush your hair, and when you leave the small room again Vaela already knocked again.
,,Ready?", she asks as you open the door and you nod.
,,Great. It's okay if you feel a little nervous, but don't you worry", the woman smiles and you follow her along the hallway ,,As long as you focus and work well everything will be just fine".