20

Alcina just left your room when she meets her daughters in the hallway, their concerned faces worrying her and she stops to ask them what's wrong. Bela quickly informs her about the happenings in the village and also about the decreasing of the 'resources' in the castle, and later on, when Daniela visits you in your room to bring you lunch, you can see that something clearly isn't right.

The redhaired girl roughly tells you about their problem and you furrow your eyebrows.
,,Does it necessarily have to be human flesh and blood?", you ask and Daniela, who is sitting next to you while fiddling with your blanket, shakes her head.

,,For me, Bela and Cassandra it doesn't have to be", she says ,,But for mother. And you see the problem i think?".
,,If there are no more maidens, no blood for her", you say and Daniela nods. 
,,Correct".

,,But-".
The sound of the door opening interrupts you from sharing your idea and you look up to see Cassandra peaking into the room.
,,Hi, can i come in?", she asks you and you nod, slightly confused.

Cassandra comes over to you and Daniela and she sits down while you pick up where she interrupted you.
,,But can't you just… God, this sounds gross, but can't you take three maidens who maybe did something wrong and… Chain them up, take a bit of blood from them from time to time and use that for your mother? Then you wouldn't have to sacrifice all of them and the blood would also stay fresh".

,,I like the way you think", Cassandra says with a light grin while Daniela just raises her eyebrows.
,,I mean, that would be a solution", she says and you smile lightly.

Now, you have to take care that none of the chosen maidens will be one of your friends so… Maybe you could sabotage the whole thing just a little

,,You raised her well, Dani", Cassandra says and chuckles ,,Didn't think you had that in you".
,,Well, we all want your mother to be well, don't we?", you say and she gives you a small nod.
,,Just didn't expect something like that coming from you, honestly".
,,Well, I'm not a truly a fan of the idea either but that's the only thing we can do in this situation", you say.

Daniela lets out a sigh, her fingers running through her hair and you can see that she is upset.
,,Why would Miranda even let this happen?", she exclaims while looking at her sister ,,She knows mother needs the village and the inhabitants".
,,It's weird. Especially now that her plan will seemingly be successful. Maybe...", Cassandra stops and then shakes her head ,,No, probably not. Still, I can't really trust that woman".
,,Me neither", Daniela says and looks at you ,,I hope you're on our side?".
,,Of course I am", you say with furrowed eyebrows ,,Always".

,,Good", Cassandra stretches her back before she slides of your mattress again and a grin spreads on her face ,,I'll go check on the maidens now. Not, that one of them makes a mistake".
An uneasy feeling makes its way through your stomach and you take a deep breath.
You'll have to follow your own plan quickly and you know just where to start.

Over the next three days Alcina lets the maidens that are left all stay in the castle, what isn't exactly a gesture of kindness since she only wants  them around for herself but that also means you can be sure of Yvone and Mikaela being safe.
You eat all the meals together and also have some more time to hang out, though you can't really use that time for them.

Instead, when you're not working, you're strolling through the corridors, searching for your first victim and it doesn't take you too long to find someone.

It is quite late in the evening and a girl called Klaudia is still in the kitchen, cleaning the cups that were used after dinner and you already know that she tends to be a little clumsy. So you enter the dining room with a bowl in your hands, feeling rather nervous when you place it on the table and you take out a little bottle of liquid soap.