10

Originally Alcina had planned on leaving the room once the girl fell asleep to find rest in one of the other private chambers, but the longer she stares at the small figure next to her, she starts to rethink that decision.

What if she wakes up in an empty room and her mind starts playing tricks on her again? Or if she has a bad dream? 
So Alcina only gets up from the bed to change into her nightgown, remove her make up and take the pins out her hair, before she slides beneath the covers and she takes a moment to look at Y/N.

Knowing that she feels safe around her warms Alcinas heart and she smiles as she lets her eyes run over the girls face.
She looks so calm and quiet.
The urge to bring her hand up to Y/Ns cheek and feel her soft looking skin beneath her fingertips comes up in Alcina, but she fights it off and turns around to turn the light off instead.

Mother Miranda has always told her that the cold of Alcinas body could bring the dead back to life and she didn't want to wake Y/N up.
Sure, the mothers words sound cruel, still there is a bit of truth in them. 

Alcina pulls her blanket a little higher and closes her eyes, only to open them again a second later when she feels Y/N shifting closer to her and resting her head on Alcinas shoulder.
Should she just… Stay like that?
Pushing her off would be rude and Alcina didn't even mind having the girl all cuddled up to her.
Actually, she liked it a little.

So she brings one arm around Y/N, careful not to brush her skin with her hand and Alcina finally closes her eyes.

The next morning you wake up in an empty bed, unknowing of what happened after you fell asleep and you take a deep breath, inhaling the lady's scent which was strongly present what only makes sense, taking in perspective that you're in her room.
It still feels a little unbelievable that the woman just let you stay and you can't help asking yourself if she was in the bed with you the whole night.

Well, probably not.

You sit up and stretch your back, feeling incredibly refreshed after finally having a good night's rest and not being haunted by nightmares. But the state of relaxation disappears quickly when you take a look at the clock on the wall and you almost jump off the bed. 
Normally Vaela wakes you up at seven am, now it is already past nine and you doubt that the woman knows where you are.

But then you notice your clothes hanging over the armchair and you furrow your eyebrows. Who brought those here?

Not wasting another second you change from your nightgown into your working dress, feeling slightly nervous about the fact that the lady might come in and then you leave the room to find Vaela.
You run into her at the top of the stairs and before you can even open your mouth, the woman already starts talking.

,,Ah, good morning! I see, you look rested", she says and smiles lightly ,,The lady informed me, that you weren't feeling too well and would come to work a little later.".
You just nod and try not to smile at the fact that it was Lady Dimitrescu who let you sleep in, but you're also wondering where she is now. 

,,So, I planned some light work for you today and since you're in the castle every day and almost working every single second I'll give you the afternoon off", Vaela continues and you widen your eyes in surprise.
,,Really? Thank you".

,,No problem, you deserve it. But first, let's get you to work. Mikaela and Yvone are in the kitchen already, you'll join them and they will tell you what to do".
,,Sounds good", you say and the woman laughs.
,,I like your enthusiasm. Now, get your diligent self downstairs".

You give her another nod and then the both of you split apart, Vaela follows the hallway deeper into the caste and you take the stairs down into the foyer.
With each step you find your mind is drifting further away from reality as you start to wonder if the lack of nightmares this night came from the things Lady Dimitrescu had said, or that she was with you when you fell asleep.
You are so focused on trying to figure that out that you completely ignore your surroundings and therefore it is no wonder that you accidentally bump into someone.