22

You close the bathroom door behind you and lean against the wood for a moment, feeling a little worried about Alcina and Miranda's plans.
How could she still think that there was still a plausible reason for Miranda to let her daughter's origin of food be erased by some creatures.
You shake your head and walk over to the windows, staring outside and watching the snow melt from the trees before something catches your eye.
On top of Alcinas dressing table you spot something, an open book with a little can of ink next to it.
'What is that' you ask yourself.

With furrowed eyebrows you approach the book that is lying on the desk and you take a look at it, your eyes widening as you realize that this seems to be Alcinas diary.

Your gaze wanders over the neatly written words, despite knowing that you shouldn't be doing that and it makes your heart feel heavy when you see what's written down there.

'I can't help but feel like Mother looses interest in me. It seems like she favors that fool Heisenberg these days and it makes me feel sick. I need my daughters and my loved ones to be save but she puts all of us to danger. I am convinced there is a reason to all of this. I just need to make her proud. I won't disappoint her again. Maybe I did in the past. Maybe that's why she is doing all of this. Mother, what did I do wrong? Am I not good enough? I long to be as beautiful as her one day but if I keep on disappointing her that day will never come.'

'But you are so beautiful… What could ever make you think otherwise' you let out a sigh, just as you hear the door of the bathroom open and your eyes widen. Alcina should better not catch you reading her diary.
You distance yourself from the table within a second and turn to face the woman who's bright eyes are already fixed on you.
She doesn't look too happy.

Guilt overflows you as she furrows her eyebrows and walks past you, she sees the open book lying on the table and you bite your tongue nervously. With a bit of luck she didn't see you jumping away from the table.

,,You read this, am I right?", She then asks and turns around to you.
The expression in her eyes scares you and you gulp, your hands shaking as you start fidgeting with your fingers.
,,I'm so sorry, I didn't know what it is and-".

,,Has no one ever told you not to go through other people's things?", Alcina interrupts you with anger sounding in her voice and you flinch lightly, darting your eyes down to the floor and you gulp as your eyes water at how loud she is. You've always hated people shouting at you.
,,I mean, not really. No parents, remember?", you say quietly ,,I'm really sorry. I know I shouldn't have done that. I… I…".

,,I remember, yes. I'm sorry, too", she sighs, takes a deep breath and you hear her walking over to you. The woman kneels in front of you and you let her cup your face gently, her thumb tracing your cheek and you now dare to look up to her.
,,I didn't mean it like that, I apologize", Alcina says softly ,,I know you get curious easily".
,,Are you mad with me now? Should I leave?", you ask in a whisper and she shakes her head.
,,No, no I'm not. Please, forgive me for getting loud", Alcina says ,,It's okay. I'm not mad".

She lets out another sigh and she pulls you into a tight hug, an intensely loving embrace and she rests her head on top of yours.
,,Just forget what you read there".
,,Okay", you snuggle into her, hands clinging to the fabric of her dress and you hesitate a moment before you say: ,,But, one thing. You… You already are beautiful. So, so beautiful".

There is a moment of silence and you fear you might have said something wrong. Did that come of weird?
,,You think so?", she asks quietly, hands slowly rubbing over your back.
,,Mhm", you nod and smile as she pulls you onto her lap.
You let yourself sink into her, thankful that she forgives you and you inhale deeply.
With Alcina it really almost seems like there is nothing you could truly do wrong.