36

When you start to feel your body again, are able to move your limbs and open your eyes, you stare into a black nothing and sense an intense cold everywhere around you.
Slowly, with a slight headache and a sore throat you sit up, a cough leaving your lips and you gulp.
For some reason your surroundings feel odly familiar, almost similiar to the basement the daughters thrw you in after they caught you and you furrow your eyebrows.
Are you still in the cellar? Did any of the things you went through ever happen?

You reach down to your calve to feel the slight outlines of your scars and exhale. It wasn't a dream, but where the hell are you now then? And did Daniela bring you down here?
So, so many questions with no answer.
Yet.

The second you shift back against some bars that seemingly replace a wall you can hear somebody move next to you and you freeze, staring into the direction where the noise comes from.
,,Are you awake?", a quiet voice then asks and you feel the hairs on your neck stand up.
,,…Yes", you say after a second, you don't recognize the voice ,,Who is there?".
You extend the arm toward the source of the voice and flinch when you touch something warm.
,,Was that you?".
,,Yes, don't worry", the woman replies and she sounds friendly, so you slowly inch toward her.
,,Who are you?", she speaks out when you can feel her next to you and you sit back down, leaning against the bars, muttering out your name.
,,Do you know where we are? Are we in the castle?", you ask quietly even though you are not sure what answer you want to hear.
,,What… What castle?".
So she doesn't know where you are either.

An uneasy feeling creeps up your back and you inhale deeply.
,,Nevermind. What's your name?".
,,I'm Mia", the woman replies and your eyes widen.
,,You must be Ethan's wife".
,,Yes, but… How do you know?", Mia sounds confused ,,Do you know him?".
You bite your tongue, the confusion in you only grows more every second and you cross your legs beneath you.
,,You could say I do".

In the meantime, Daniela is strolling through the corridors of the castle over and over again, the silence feeling like a heavy weight on her chest and she tries to find a hint or trace where her friend might have gone.
She steps into every room, every single corner of the castle, she takes Bela with her, in hopes to find her down in the basement- And she remains without success.

Bela places a hand on her sisters shoulder as the redhaired girl stares out of one of the windows on the second floor, her eyes are fixed on the trees in the distance and a single tear rolls over her cheek.
Daniela turns around, wiping her face with one hand and now is met with the sight of her mother in front of her, who appeared behind them without a single noise.
The girls notice the expression on the womans face and Danielas eyes drop down to the item she is holding in her left hand, a single, dark feather.
They don't have to exchange a single word, they know what this means.

After they shared a long embrace in which Daniela hugged her mother as tight as possible, they both went through the same pain in that moment after all, Alcina wished to be alone and disappeared into her room where she stayed for some time, feeling heartbroken. Not only over the disappearance of her loved one, the pain of knowing that after all this time, after all she did for her, Miranda betrayed all of them in such an ugly way, was almost worse.
Alcina knew she should be mad, hell, she should be furious and leave to search for Y/N, but where would she start?
Miranda is as cruel as intelligent and she surely wouldn't keep someone she kidnapped at her laboratory, would she?
Now that Alcina thought about it, another wave of sadness hit her and she clenched her fists.
What if Miranda didn't even bother to keep Y/N?

Alcina takes a deep breath, trying to calm herself just as the door gets pushed open soundly and she flinches, her gaze falling on Heisenberg who's carrying his hammer with him, as always and now he takes off his sunglasses.
He eyes his 'sister' for a second, before he huffs and crooks an eyebrow.
,,You look truly miserable", he says, but before Alcina can shoot back, he continues ,,Are we really letting that bitch keep your pet? We might not be best frinds, Alci, but I'd rather see you happy and Miranda dead".
For a second Alcina remains silent, a bit taken back by his statement.
Then she shakes her head, taking her hat from the nightstand and places it on top of her black hair.
,,No, we will get her back".

,,Karl? Karl? Is Alcina here?", the voice of the little doll comes from the hallway now and not a second later she slips into the room as well.
Angies lifeless eyes stare up to Alcina, once she was standing in front of Karl, what gives the tall woman a slightly uneasy feeling, she never got used to the doll being somewhat alive.
,,Alci, are you sad?", Angie then asks bluntly and Heisenberg gives Alcina a look, before answering for her.
,,Obviously she is. Imagine somebody ripped your dearest doll-buddy away from you".
,,Oh", Angies toddles a little closer to Alcina ,,Do you need a hug?".
Alcina only sighs and seeminly that's enough of an answer for the doll, because now she rushes up to the woman and despite the immense height difference, Angie finds a way to embrace the woman and hugs her left calve.
Now a little smile creeps over Alcinas face and she gives the doll a gentle pat on her wooden head, before Angie grins up to her, she is proud that she made the woman feel better.

,,Donna is waiting for you in the library, by the way", she says and steps back from Alcina ,,She's with Dani".
,,That poor girl must be feeling even worse than you", Heisenberg mumbles and Alcina takes in a deep breath as she gets up from the bed.
,,Then let us join them", she says, noticing from the corner of her eye that Angie extended her arms toward her and Alcina doesn't hesitate to pick her up.

On their way to the library, Angie is sitting comfortably on Alcinas shoulder and enjoying the new perspective from this height, she is quietly babbling and Alcina is only half listening.
She is still wondering what Miranda might have done with the girl, where she is now, how she is feeling, or if she is even…

,,Do you think, Miranda is going to use her for an experiment?", Heisenberg bluntly asks and Alcina freezes. 
Right. Anyone who ever got into the claws of that woman never dies immideately, either they mutate or die later from one of her experiments. So with a little bit of luck, Y/N is still untouched.
,,I hope we can get there before that happens", Alcina just says and pushes the door to the library open.

Inside, Donna is resting on the chair that is nearest to the fireplace and Daniela took over the seat that Y/N used to sit on all the time.
She's hugging her knees, her chin resting on her arms and her sisters stand around her with worry written all over her faces.

Angie demands to be put back on the floor and rushes over to Donna who places her on her lap.
Daniela's eyes are now fixed on her mother, she raises her head and Alcina sees the clear pain her eyes.
,,Why didn't you notice she left?", she asks. Bela shot her a warning glance and Cassandra whispered: ,,Dani, no".
But Alcina wasn't bothered that Daniela was mad, she already cussed herself for remaining asleep, even though she knew that it wasn't her fault that she didn't wake up.
She blamed herself for Y/Ns disappearance and she wouldn't stop until the girl was back, safe and sound in her arms.

Alcina kneels in front of Daniela and takes one of her hands into hers.
,,I was asleep, she must've made no noise as she left", she says quietly ,,I don't know how Miranda got in here, how this could happen at all. But we will get her back, okay?".
Daniela nods slowly and sniffs, squeezing her mothers hand gently.
,,Can I go outside for a little to get some fresh air? I need to get my mind off", she then asks.
,,Of course, but take your sisters with you", Alcina says and gets back on her feet, watching her daughters disappear through the door.
She looks after them and releases a deep breath.
Hopefully the next days would bring some good news for them all.

(a/n: I'm sorry for the long wait... Again.  We are slowly coming closer to the end of this fic, only a few chapters are left...)