13

(A/N: quick warning: this part is a little shorter but you'll see why ^^)

The lunch passes by calmly from that moment on and you can relax a little, but you still feel uneasy under Cassandras gaze and you leave the dining room with a knot in your throat. Something will happen, you can already sense that.

For the rest of the day you try to avoid the darkhaired girls usual spots and you're a lot more cautious about your surroundings to prevent yourself from running into her.
But she doesn't show up, not even once and you go to bed with a deep breath and a positive thought that tomorrow everything would go just fine as well.

To be exact, the next few days pass by quiet, without an encounter with Cassandra and you manage to focus on working instead of worrying, sometimes exchanging a few words with Alcina when you happen to see her and spending the free time with Daniela.
The only thing that keeps your mind ruminating these days is the return of the nightmares. They're not as bad as before but it surely isn't the greatest thing to be hunted by the same zombie every time you fall asleep.

Though it seems like all that was only the calm before the storm.

You wake up, just like all the other mornings and get changed before heading out of your room. It now has been a month since you started working and living in the castle and you still see it as the best thing that could've possibly happened to you. You have a roof over your head, enough to eat, you found friends and things never get boring around here.

Vaela approaches you in the corridor and she greets you with a wam smile.
,,Good morning, Y/N. I'll need you in the kitchen to clean up", she says ,,Yvone and Mikaela aren't here yet but they'll join you and help you later". 
,,Okay", you nod and make your way downstairs.

'I wonder how their parents feel about them working here' you think 'With all the stories about the castle'.
You push the door to the kitchen open and you could groan at the sight of the amount of dishes in the sink, but well. Somebody has to sacrifice themselves for this and in this case, that somebody is you.

You push the sleeves of your dress up and let warm water run into the sink, scrunching your nose at the sight of the few bloody plates. Does that even taste enjoyable to them? 

Once there is enough water you take the sponge, a bit of soap and start scrubbing the plates, knives, forks and cups.
You actually don't mind cleaning the dishes that much, it is an easy work and you don't even have to concentrate on what you're doing, leaving room for some daydreaming and thoughts instead.

That way you're quick to finish with your dishes and can start drying them already, but once the towel is in your hand and a plate in the other, the door behind you opens and at first you think that it is Yvone or Mikaela, or both, who enters.
Though the silence is very suspicious to you and you throw a glance over your shoulder, seeing that it was someone completely else who just came in.

,,Look who I finally found", Cassandra says with a threatening undertone and your heart shrinks in your chest as she approaches you ,,I already thought you ran away".
,,Why would I?", you respond, sounding a lot more confident than you actually feel in this moment and you turn back to the plate in your hand in hopes of her leaving you and your work alone.

,,Hm, I don't know. You just give me the feeling of someone who runs away from things a lot", Cassandra leans against the counter next to you and you furrow your eyebrows, but you decide not to say anything ,,And of someone who can't be trusted".
,,May I know why, at least?", you put the plate aside and since she doesn't appear to actually want to harm you for the moment your heartbeat relaxes just a little.