Chapter 18

Apollo stared at the ornate ceiling for what seemed like hours trying to make sense of his chaotic emotions.

For the first time in his life, he didn't have a plan. He had no idea where to go from here. He was just free-falling, and he hated it.

His brain was wired to fix problems and that's the reason he couldn't shut down. His mind said Alexi was leaving the first chance she got and he should just enjoy the few weeks he had with her and then get back to his orderly life. But his heart was ping-ponging all over the place.

He'd never been led by his heart and he wasn't about to now. The first rule of business was to keep your emotions out of the deal.

All of that made perfect sense but the bottom line was he wasn't ready to lose Alexi just yet. He was sure in a few weeks he would be happy to see her leave. Why not enjoy each other now?

He knew she desired him by her response to him tonight. But did she like him?

He rolled his eyes. What was he twelve? Couldn't it just be enough that they desired each other? Enjoy the time they had?

Yes, he decided, it was enough. He wasn't going to complicate things by getting emotions involved. He never had. And besides, tonight had been the best sex of his entire life. It would be bad business to cut his losses and run.

Apollo smiled down at Alexi who was softly snoring. Who knew she snored?

*

He must have fallen asleep at some point because when he woke up, it was still dark and Alexi was curled in a ball on the edge of the bed.

His body was on high alert for her and wanted more of what took place last night.

Apollo slid over to her and kissed the red angry scar on her back. Would he ever be able to see it without rage bubbling inside him?

He moved his kisses to her warm neck, inhaling her sweet smell. She stirred and he continued his explorations by lightly stroking her arm, down her side and detouring over her stomach.

She shivered telling him that she was awake.

"Morning," he mumbled, nibbling on her earlobe.

She giggled and squirmed against his back. It was the most exquisite torture. His fingertips grazed her breast only to find her nipples hard peaks. He moaned his approval.

"Good morning," she mumbled back, pressing her bottom teasingly against his straining cock.

Apollo's fingers dipped lower and stroked her sex before inserting a finger and finding her wet.

He didn't realize that when he was aroused with her he automatically switched back to Greek. The curses flowed freely and unconsciously.

She gasped and pushed herself against him trying to find some friction.

"I've got you, babe," he whispered as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to lay on her back on top of him.

He gently spread her legs and continued to slide his fingers in and out of her slowly while his other hand gently squeezed her nipple.

Alexi moaned and his cock twitched from need. Her moans touched something deep inside him.

She was writhing on top of him. She was close to letting go. He began to kiss her neck and tell her how beautiful she looked spread out for him. He told her how hard he was going to fuck her once she reached her peak.

And then she fell over the edge and it was a sight to behold. Hearing her moans and seeing her come apart set him on edge.

When her spasms quieted, she rolled over onto her stomach and kissed him hungrily.