Pizza & Dreams & Babies

You loved the house from the moment you and henry entered. The living room was large and spacious and had a fireplace in addition to the huge living room there was a very large backyard and three bedrooms. Even if it was empty you could imagine how beautiful it would be when decorated.

You could see where you'd put a big bookshelf you could see tacky curtains Henry would love a big sofa and at the center of the room A Table to serve tea when he had friends over a big shaggy rug where you would sit on the days winter with the kids by the fireplace help remove their snow-filled coats as they enter the house after a day outside.

Henry's  hand on your shoulder was what made you wake up from your fantasies.

Kids? You didn't have any yet it was just the two of you. The house was amazing and Henry had loved it as much as you you could see by the gleam in his eyes a gleam that soon faded.

The house was too big too pretty too expensive and you didn't need that much space or even had the money to afford that house.

The two of you  looking for apartments to finally live together something of a more reasonable price and size and had found it. That house was too much in many ways.

You weren't even supposed to be there. You two had gone to visit friends in the suburbs and ended up passing by the house that had a  "for sale" sign the realtor was still there so you decided to go in and have a look.

Now you and Henry were both disillusioned. Both You And Henry  had loved the house but couldn't have it.

"We have to go" Henry said.

"Really ?" You asked pouting with a sad face "We can hide in the attic and live here without the owners knowing!"

"Doesn't seem like the best or most elaborate of plans" Henry Said laughing as he put his arm around your shoulders "And we have to get to the new apartment before the truck with our  stuff."

You thought of the house all the way to the new apartment which was in a very busy part of town a few floors above a bookstore. The apartment was much smaller than the house. It had only one bedroom and the biggest room was the living room. The two of you spent the morning assembling furniture and distributing it around the apartment.

You were taking your many clothes out of the moving boxes trying to fit them in the wardrobe but was already tired of that fight so you went back to the living room where Henry was at but not before going to the kitchen and bringing a pot of tea And ice cream and two glasses for you both to drink.

Henry was just finishing assembling a bookshelf tightening one last screw and putting it in place. Henry then sat beside you on the thin rug as you poured a cup of tea. Henry took the glass and took a sip looking very happy satisfaction at the assembled bookshelf.

You took one of the boxes and began taking out the books and disks to put them on the shelf.

"This place is almost looking habitable" Henry joked but you seemed far away. "Hey what's up?" Henry asked you patting your thigh with his bare feet to get her attention.

"Nothing," you Said

"Come on I know when something is bothering you spill it" Henry Encouraged you

"I'm still thinking about the house it was amazing" you said "It really felt like a place to build a home. And like I know we don't have the money for a house like that but I was wondering what it would be like to live there and not in this cubicle"

"But this cubicle is really cool and it's in the center so we can go to all the places we love"

"But a house in the suburbs would also be nice a quieter place to have a garden a place for children to play"

"Kids huh..." Henry commented "Is that your subtle way of saying you want to make a baby?" You pushed him away rolling your eyes but chuckling.

"Yes, I want to make a baby. But not now!" You add "But this was another way of saying that the  house did feel like home. And it annoys me to know that amazing and wonderful people like us have to live in a cubicle when some stupid rich family will end up living in that place."

"We're still young" Henry  said "I promise we'll have a house like that one day."

"Or maybe one day I'll learn to dream dreams that match our salary," You said.

"You can have all the dreams in the world" Henry Said caressing your cheeks "And we'll achieve them all together"

"Awn" You said approaching Henry to squeeze his cheeks "That was so silly"

"And you loved it right?" Henry Really wanted to know.

"Of course I love all of your silliness" you said standing up "I'm going out to buy food since we only have tea in the fridge Do You Want something specifc?"

"Are you offering to go out and buy food so you don't have to unpack anything else and I can stay here doing all the work?" Henry joked with you.

"ME? NEVER" you snapped "How long do you think you will take to finish? Because I think that's how long it takes a pizza to be ready"

"Pizza then" He commented.

"I'll be right back" you said leaving the apartment.

Henry has  ran to the small porch waited for you to pass and soon went out too. Henry had to be quick and come back before you luckily his destination was closer and it would be much faster than waiting for a pizza to be ready  Soon he was back at the apartment had work to do and wanted to finish before you returned.

"I'M BACK BITCH" you said opening the door "And get pizza, coke and those sweets of yours... what are you doing?"

Henry was on the little porch sitting on the floor with his hair in a small ponytail his face smudged with dirt as well as his hands with small clay pots around him.

"I thought you were going to take longer" Henry said as you approached him "It was supposed to be a surprise and I was supposed to be done before you came back but you came back first."

"You still haven't told me what you're doing"

"Well you said that house looked like home and at the moment I can't give you that house" he argued "But I can make this apartment look more like home. So I went to the store and bought some plants and a few seeds to plant flowers "

You smiled feeling your heart melt inside. You approached Henry wiping some dirt off his face."You're awesome you know?" You said leaning your forehead against Henry's as he smiled in satisfaction.

'They aren't babies but until we make some we can give love and take good care of these little things and make this place a home." You laughed shaking your head in disbelief how amazing Henry was. You got up and walked towards the table.

"Let's eat the pizza now or it will get cold."

"I'll be there in a minute" Henry said turning his attention back to the plant vases. From the table you smiled watching a Henry in a messy dirt-smeared ponnytail humming as he potted the yellow and lavender flowers. He was right
that place already felt so much more like home.