Prologue

Allison's childhood was how most people would describe theirs: 'Ordinary'. Her parents definitely didn't deserve an award for best parent, but they weren't terrible. Her mom liked to dress her up like she stayed a little girl forever and would encourage all her femininity. Her dad wasn't too bothered by it, she used to be "dad's little girl" but after learning to form her own opinion her dad wasn't that into it anymore.

She didn't talk to them a lot, she was long gone to college when they split up so she never really noticed it so much. After getting her PhD in science and psychology she hopped around jobs a bit before settling at the FBI.

After landing in the science and technology department she really found her place for a few years, she's been there for about 3 years now and even though she really enjoys it, she's looking for something with her psychology degree again. She looks for anything still at the FBI and comes across the application for profiler at the BAU. 

~

"Sarah! The BAU accepted my application, I have an interview!" the brunette shrieks, "Oh my god, Thompson that's amazing!" Allison met Sarah at her job, she was one of the scientist she worked closely with, "I'm gonna miss you when you land that job, you know." She laughs, "I just got an interview, don't get too optimistic." Sarah shrugs, "They'd be foolish to hire anyone else"

And soon enough the interview was there. Allison was nervous, obviously, but she tried to not let it show so much. "Allison Thompson?" She turned her head towards the female voice and nodded, she stood up and straightened her pants. "Emily Prentiss, I'm the unit chief. It's lovely to meet you Dctr. Thompson." She put out her hand, gesturing to shake it.

Emily stayed serious. "Do you have any field experience?" The blonde straightened her back, "I have some from before I started at S&T." Emily wanted to ask more, "I really can't say a ton about it. I'm sorry ma'am." She nodded, "Okay, moving on."

~

She heard a notification coming from across the room, "Hey will you get that for me?" Sarah nodded, taking the phone and opening the mail. "It's from the BAU, do you want me to read it?" Allison had gone to a couple more interviews and had gotten some field training with the profilers, she was one of the last couple people, she looked up from her work, "Yeah, go ahead." 

"Dear, Dctr. Allison Thompson,

We would like to inform you that you have been chosen to join our team at the Behavioral Analysis Unit. You'd start next month, giving you time to finish your work at your current department. We will make everything in order for your transfer.

Sincerely,

Emily Prentiss, Unit Chief"

The brunette is almost screaming once she reaches the bottom of the letter, "You got in!" Allison looks shocked, "I did. I got in."

___

I hope you enjoyed this little prologue thing