Better Than Ever.

(Y/n) had not given any signs of waking up for the next five days. Madam Pomfrey and the other Hogwarts staff were growing extremely concerned that they would have to transfer her to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. Madam Pomfrey would not let anyone other than the occasional professor come and visit (Y/n).

"Oh, Minerva! I worry for her, I really do!" Madam Pomfrey wept into Professor McGonagall's shoulder. "She never takes care of herself!"

"There, there, darling," Professor McGonagall said softly, holding one of Madam Pomfrey's hands whilst the other rubbed up and down Madam Pomfrey's arm. "(Y/n)'s a tough girl, Poppy, you know that, I know that, we all know that... Foolish, as she is..."

"Can I have water?" a soft voice asked, giving both women a heart attack.
(Y/n) stood very casually in front of them. She had a fresh pair of pyjamas and her hair looked damp as though she had just showered. She had chick slippers to complete the look.

"(Y/n)!" Madam Pomfrey cried, leaping to her feet and tightly hugging (Y/n). She was soon to pull away and give (Y/n) a very stern look. "You're supposed to be in bed!"

"I felt dirty," (Y/n) shrugged. Professor McGonagall looked equally as stern and (Y/n) was expecting to be shouted out.

"You fool!" Professor McGonagall barked, pulling (Y/n) into a tight, motherly hug. "Why did— Why would you do this to yourself? Why would that foul woman keep you up so late?"

"To be fair, I was getting back at reasonable times... I pulled all-nighters on my own accord," (Y/n) said. "Anyways, I'm off back to my dorm... What day is it? How much school have I missed? I wasn't out for too long, right? Just the night?" Professor McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey stared at (Y/n) in deep shock.

"You aren't going anywhere," Professor McGonagall snapped. "Back to bed with you."

"I've slept for... some time. I think I'm good," (Y/n) mused. "What day is it?"

"...Wednesday evening," Madam Pomfrey answered slowly. "The thirteenth." (Y/n)'s mouth fell open.

"I've been asleep for five days?!"

"Hey, losers," (Y/n) greeted, casually strolling into the library, where Ron, Hermione, and Harry were looking up potion ingredients for Snape.

"(Y/n)!" Hermione cried, flying to her feet and practically tackling (Y/n) into a hug.

"Ack! Off! Off!" (Y/n) cried dramatically. 

"We were worried! So very worried!" Hermione practically sobbed. "I read somewhere that five days without sleep can kill someone and I thought you were dead and the professors were just covering it up!"

"Lack of sleep isn't what's going to kill me," (Y/n) said. "But my bones are all going to break if you don't release me this very instant." Hermione flew apart from (Y/n) before dragging her over to where Ron and Harry were watching, rocking back and forth as though finding it difficult not to follow Hermione's example of hugging (Y/n). "Have you considered that Dark Arts Defense class, Harry?" (Y/n) asked pleasantly.

"You've been out for six days and that's the first question you ask?" Harry deadpanned.

"You're right... Have a nice sleep all of you? Snape was oh-so-kind enough to divide my detention in half— due to a very angry letter sent from your mother, Harry, I heard— but Umbridge wouldn't budge," (Y/n) said. 

"Of course she won't," Harry scoffed. 

"Have I missed much?" (Y/n) asked.

"Other than schoolwork? No," Hermione answered. "Not with Gryffindor, anyways. I heard from Padma that Chija's been keeping to herself as of recently... You saw her, right? She's always sitting and waiting outside the infirmary."