Fainting Fancies.

"Chija!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she and Harry entered the Great Hall for dinner.

"Bunny!" Chija beamed.

"I've got a month's detention because you guys didn't do your bloody potion!" (Y/n) fumed.

"It's inhumane to use dragon liver in a potion that will harm another magical creature!" Chija said. There were snickers from all four tables that caught Chija's reply.

"Inhumane— That's my thing!" (Y/n) argued. "And now I'm suffering because you guys couldn't make a stupid potion!"

"Release (Y/n)!" someone shouted. This caused a chain that died down the second Professor Umbridge came into the Great Hall.

"Roger," Chija called. Roger and his friends stopped walking to look at Chija. 

"Chi, not in front of them," (Y/n) hissed.

"What? Why not?" Chija asked, not lowering her voice. Roger rose an eyebrow, glancing between the two.

"I don't want tryouts to be rescheduled just for me... I can always try out next year—"

"Nuh-uh," Chija protested. "I am not being the only girl on the team again!.. Roger, when are you holding tryouts?"

"Practically this whole week is booked by other teams— Slytherin's got Wednesday; Hufflepuff's got Thursday; Gryffindor's got Friday— So I was thinking we'd do next Monday... Still need to smooth things out," Roger said.

"Not the weekend?" Chija asked, lightly directing Roger in the right direction. "(Y/n) and I are busy on Monday." (Y/n) buried her face in her hands in embarrassment.

"Yeah, I'd imagine (Y/n)'s busy on Monday," Roger mused. 

"So you understand? Great!" said Chija. "Besides, won't the weekends work out better for everyone? What if someone has an assignment on Monday?" Amusement settled in Roger's eyes. "If it isn't on the weekend, I'm not going to be present during tryouts," Chija blurted

"You're a Seeker. I technically don't need you present," Roger said. 

"Please? Don't you want (Y/n) on the team? It gives you more opportunities to—"

"Weekend, you said? How does Saturday work?" Roger interrupted.

"Perfect," Chija beamed. (Y/n) didn't uncover her face until Roger and his friends had long since left.

"You're the worst!"

"You can attend tryouts now, can't you?"

"He's changing the date just for me, Chija!"

"I know... Isn't it sweet?" Chija sighed. "Aren't I sweet for convincing him, I mean? You can always make it up to me by going out with me for our Hogsmeade weekend." Padma let out a laugh as (Y/n), both amused and distraught, shook her head with a smile.

"You're on," she said.

"(Y/n)!" Hermione called, dragging (Y/n) up and away from the table before she could even touch her dinner. Hermione pointed her wand at (Y/n)'s bag and made it follow them before (Y/n) had caught it and placed it on her shoulder.

"Hermione!" (Y/n) fumed as Hermione dragged her out of the Great Hall with Ron and Harry. 

"We've got serious matters to discuss!" Hermione said.

"More important than me eating?" (Y/n) frowned.

"Well— No," Hermione said at length. (Y/n) gave her a stink eye. "Mimbulus mimbletonia," said Hemione before the Fat Lady could ask. The portrait swung open to reveal the hole behind and the four of them scrambled through it.
The common room was almost empty; nearly everyone was still down at dinner. Crookshanks uncoiled himself from an armchair and trotted to meet them, purring loudly, and when Harry, Ron, and Hermione took their favourite chairs at the fireside, he leapt lightly into Hermione's lap and curled up there like a furry ginger cushion. (Y/n) sat down, crossing her arms and sinking into the chair, staring angrily at them.
"How could Dumbledore have let this happen?" Hermione cried suddenly, making Ron and Harry jump; Crookshanks leapt off her, looking affronted. She pounded the arms of her chair in fury, so that bits of stuffing leaked out of the holes. "How can he let that terrible woman teach us? And in our O.W.L. year too!"