Dinner at the Weasleys.

"What do you think?" (Y/n) asked, peering at herself for the first time in a while. She tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear, the faintest of smiles coming to her face. She wore a silk strap top with a low dip and lace in a straight line over the dip. She had greyish-beige pants that had a belt sewn in with the excess hanging at the side of her leg. Her black ballet flats matched the top. She soon used a claw clip beneath her hair held it up in somewhat of a ponytail. She had pretty golden necklaces and bracelets on in addition to little rings in her helix and nose piercings. The look would have been rather elegant weren't it for the platform Barbie shoes that (Y/n) had in her ears and the colourful friendship bracelets around her wrists.

"Yeah," Ginny swooned.

"Yeah? Yeah, what?" (Y/n) asked, her eyes falling on Ginny through the mirror. Ginny's chin was propped in her hands.

"Yeah. That's what I think," Ginny said.

"Yeah, what?" (Y/n) pressed, frowning.

"Yeah, I know that I have a type."

"I didn't ask about your type. I'm asking what you think about my outfit— Hang on, what 'type' do I fall under?"

"Smart girls with either weird or good fashion senses and odd fixations," Ginny said.

"...who else falls into that category?"

"Luna, Parvati, Lavender, Padma..." Ginny said. "I'd add Hermione, but I don't think I've heard of her having an odd fixation." (Y/n) snorted.

"And do I have a good or weird fashion sense?"

"Both," Ginny said. "Horrible sweaters and jewellery, brilliant everywhere else."

"And this outfit?"

"The earrings ruin it," Ginny said bluntly.

"What, should I change it for the mismatched gold dinosaurs I have?" (Y/n) asked.

"You're just like Charlie," Ginny scoffed.

"How?"

"He likes dragons, you like wingless dragons."

"Dinosaurs are not wingless dragons!"

(Y/n) did end up changing the Barbie shoes out for the golden dinosaurs. A gold stegosaurus sat in one ear and a brachiosaurus sat in the other.
"Nothing screams 'I'm a girl who also likes girls' more than weird earrings," Ginny commented.

"Uh, yeah. That's kind of the point," (Y/n) scoffed. Ginny grinned. "I should get you odd earrings—" (Y/n) cut herself off upon realizing Ginny didn't have her ears pierced.

"I don't think I want my earrings pierced," Ginny commented. "I'd rather have a septum but Mum'll never agree to it. Dad might, but we'd both be dead by the time we got home... Maybe I'll put the fake one you got me on once we get back," Ginny said. (Y/n) nodded. She hadn't grabbed her bike and Ginny was walking with her own bike as a result. "You spending the night?"

"If your mum will let me."

"Don't be ridiculous. That woman would bend over backwards for you. She was convinced one of us was going to marry you, but I think that's been put on hold," Ginny said. (Y/n)'s lips twitched up.

"That's cute," (Y/n) mused. Ginny side-eyed (Y/n), deciding against telling her that their mum was playing match-maker all summer last year. "Oh, Cedric!" (Y/n) exclaimed. She had forgotten she agreed to meet him outside the Weasleys.

"Here," Cedric murmured. Fred and George Weasley were glaring daggers through the window

"Thanks," (Y/n) said, waving her fingers as Cedric was quick to get out of there. Ginny got her bike through the fence before leading (Y/n) inside.