The Ministry of Magic.

(Y/n) smoothly slid into the room two days later, an envelope in hand. As the door was closed behind her, she walked distractedly to the kitchen counter, her ear turned up slightly as she listened for something.

"(Y/N)!" Fred's voice bellowed in the distance. (Y/n) smiled in satisfaction and strode confidently to the counter, slapping the letter down.

"Got it," she said.

"What's he shouting over?" Bill asked, peering up at the ceiling.

"I put hair dye in their shampoo because he thought I wouldn't be able to surprise him," (Y/n) said. "I don't think this kind of surprise is what he meant, but I won, I guess..."

"Hair dye?" Charlie emphasised.

"Temporary but he doesn't need to know that," (Y/n) said, her eyes twinkling.

"How immature."

"Did we forget she's sixteen?" Regulus defended, glaring at the witch. (Y/n) smiled shortly.

"Do I need to wait for Dumbledore?" (Y/n) asked Remus, who was still rather upset with (Y/n)'s decision.

"That would be best," he murmured. (Y/n) awkwardly nodded.

"Don't know what you're so excited over," Tonks murmured, drinking their coffee. "A position in the Ministry is not worth it."

"Oh, but I've got an internship," (Y/n) said.

"Working under a judge, how exciting!" Tonks exclaimed.

"In the Department of Mysteries—" Tonks spat out their drink and (Y/n) leapt away, eyeing them with disgust. "You could've gotten coffee in my hair!" she fumed.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Tonks said sarcastically. Their pettiness vanished in favour of distraught. "You didn't say you were working in the Department of Mysteries!"

"Didn't feel important."

"Didn't feel—" Tonks clenched their hands as though ready to pop a ball. They laughed through a fake smile. "(Y/n) (Y/m/n) (Y/l/n), you'll be lucky if you live to see the day you get that internship."

"Yeah, you want to go?" (Y/n) challenged.

"No. No, I do not. You are a... tiny, scary ball of—"

"Hello, all," Dumbledore greeted. (Y/n) glared furiously at Tonks whilst Bill and Charlie chuckled. "Miss (Y/l/n), is that your acceptance letter?"

"Or denial letter," Remus said, sounding rather hopeful.

"Ouch," (Y/n) murmured, breaking the seal and pulling out the letter. She scanned over it, muttering some things aloud. "...accepted!" she beamed. "Though, that was to be expected." She tossed her hair over her shoulder, a look of triumph on her face.

"This is where we need you to be serious, Miss (Y/l/n)," Dumbledore said sternly. (Y/n) nodded, her smile dropping into a much smaller, barely visible one. "Do you know your task?"

"Get Amelia Bones on our side?"

"That would be nice, but your main goal is to gather information with your... ability," Dumbledore said.

"Oh..." (Y/n) murmured. "Will I have to be going there during the school year? How would I reach you if I do go there during the school year?"

"You've got a phone for a reason," James said.

"You will not be sending that information through text or through owl," Dumbledore said calmly. "Instead, I will have you meet in my office on the weekly or we can have a very brief meeting here every two weeks with (Y/n) involved... Why not discuss what we will do today?"