NINE

Jas's P.O.V.

I paced back and forth in my room. The worst thing in my life I've ever done was spending my days with Dave. And upon him the worst girl I've ever seen in my life has gotten on my nerves. All the thing I did to Mahi was just to protect her from Dave. Still i couldn't. He got her and the thought was racking my brain.

I can't think of a way to get her back. I stayed away from my dad because of him. I never thought to revenge but he don't know when to 'stop'.

I couldn't come up with an idea. So, I called on the number I had never dialed in years or can say was in black list. The phone rang on the other side.
A deep hoarse voice in his late 50s filled in my ears,"Hello, How are you my son?"

His voice made my heart drop. My voice broke and tears started to well up in my eyes. I took a deep breath to control my emotions. I found myself somewhere alone in the dark.

"I'm good. What about you? Where are you?"

"I'm good. I was just working on the new batch of medicines. This time we'll make a fortune. Come and give me a hand."

After telling him a hundred times he still won't get it. Without getting overly frustrated I said unagitated,"Dad, I've told you that buiseness no more belong to us. Its his. Its illegal Dad. Leave it. Please, for me."
Expecting for him to come to me. "I'm not in short of money. I can take good care of you."

"You won't understand. I started this business. I made it thrive with my own hands. I'll make it thrive even more as a tribute to your mother till my last breath."

"But dad, these medicines are no good. They are killing more people."

"No, they'll get a better life after having this. They'll forget all their pains and regrets. They'll live happily."

This was not the first time he said something like this. My mother's death was a blow to him but that doesn't give him right to make and sell drugs. Being a forensic expert, I'm obliged to work for the safety of people not for the money.

I asked him coming to the point,"Where's Dave?"

"I gave him our old Manor. He lives there. It's so far from the main city. I wanted to renovate it but I don't have time. You're not willing to take anything from me. What could I do?"

"I don't need your dirty money."

"Money is money. You'll know later. Why did you asked about your brother?"

I got irritated at the words escaped his lips,"Firstly, he isn't my brother. Its your so called son. And secondly, I asked for him because he's messing with my life for no reason. I've given everything to him, from my family business which has become illegal thanks for his hardwork and my only parent too. He don't know how to live and let live."

"You've got him wrong. He's a good boy. He just haven't got enough love of parents."

"And what my mom gave him wasn't love. You who treat him like your real son instead of me still isn't love. Then what is love? What you gave me, is that it? You can't keep money aside for your own blood. You'd rather make money then to live with your own son. Just stay with your ruffian foster son, I won't bother you anymore. But let me tell you one thing I'm not going to spare him for what he did."

I ended the call before he could give any excuse for him and added him to the blacklist again.

I threw my phone away in anger and sat on the bed covering my face with my palm.

Dave Morea and Shray Morea were my dad's business partner's son. Dave was elder than me. We were friends when we were little. Shray was childish so i was more close to Dave. When Uncle Morea and his wife died in an accident. I remember Dave was 15 and we were still little. Since then they both lived with us. I and Shray went to hostel while Dave was studying business.