Welcome To the Party, Tiger ...!

~ SEPTEMBER 1996 ~

And here we are, four months later, in mid-September. Our heroes have had an amazing, but rather exhausting summer.

Simon and Isabella, to Matt's bitter disappointment, were married secretly and quietly in a small chapel, without pomp or pageantry. Isabella has never liked publicity and Simon agreed, dreading a visit from his past.

Matt: I don't understand. Why did you do such a thing? A secret wedding? Hear! Hear!

Isabella: We're not all like you, you know.

Matt: Like me?

Isabella: A lover of the camera.

Matt: Are you saying I seek the spotlight?

Simon: No, Matt. Izzy didn't mean it that way. We just - how should I put it? - We don't like to be the center of attention.

Jace: I don't get it either. What happened to us? We had an open marriage and it was great. Isn't that right, Angel?

Mary: Absolutely.

Simon: We're not the same, you and me, man.

Jace: What's the difference, then?

Isabella: Simon wasn't the most eligible bachelor in town. At least it's done now. Get over it!

Mary: Come on, Matty. Don't be like that. And as for your party spirit, don't forget there is your wedding.

Jace: That's right! This wedding is going to be awesome!

Alexander and Matt have decided to get married on February 20, the same day they met. Alexander wanted to get married earlier, but Matt convinced him with two good arguments. First, Mary will no longer be pregnant and will be able to drink and dance, and second, Stefan will be old enough to attend - if not the party - at least the ceremony.

And now that I mention Stefan. Mary is overdue. The doctor has given them September 26 as the likely delivery date, but nothing is certain. It all depends on Stefan. When he'll decide to come out. The funny thing is that September 21 is Jace's birthday and he's pretty sure his son will be born that day.

Everything is ready for him. As I said before, the house is secured to prevent any possible danger to the baby. Jace bought a SUV for Mary and kept the convertible and the bike for himself. He also painted the nursery and Mary decorated it. They chose white paint and different shades of blue for the walls and furniture. Mary painted his name in calligraphy on the wall above the crib.

 Mary painted his name in calligraphy on the wall above the crib

Matt and Alexander took care of his wardrobe. They filled his closet with designer clothes and cute accessories. Simon and Isabella stuffed his room with toys and stuffed animals. George chose the "transportation" sector and bought a multi-pram with all the accessories and a car seat for his grandson.