It's Not Gonna Be That Easy!

~ MORE THAN TWO WEEKS LATER ~

Mary got a CT scan which confirmed that her lung was completely healed and so the doctor decided to remove the ventilator. The whole family, except Mariza of course - George kicked her out of the mansion when he found out what happened and filed for divorce, but we'll see below what exactly happened - is gathered in Mary's decorated room.

 The whole family, except Mariza of course - George kicked her out of the mansion when he found out what happened and filed for divorce, but we'll see below what exactly happened - is gathered in Mary's decorated room

Matt has pulled off another miracle. The white Christmas tree with the violet glass balls and white LED lights has been decorating a corner of the room for a few days now, creating a pleasant atmosphere. While decorating it, everyone had the same wish in the back of their minds... May Mary wake up and be able to see the tree.

As I said, the whole family is gathered in the room and the doctor examines Mary one last time before removing the ventilator.

George: Doctor, will you please explain the procedure?

Surgeon: Sure. As the CT has shown, the puncture in the lung has healed completely. That means the lungs can do their job without the help of the machine, so we're going to remove the ventilator and let Mary breathe on her own.

Matt: And when everything is fine and our girl is breathing on her own, will you wake her up?

Surgeon: Not yet. We should give the body a few days to adjust to the new conditions. We'll monitor her constantly and when everything returns to normal, you'll get her back as good as new.

Alexander: How long do you expect that time to be?

The doctor walks up to Jace, who's sitting next to Mary and holding her hand, and taps him on the shoulder.

Surgeon: Jace, how about having dinner with your fiancée on Christmas Eve?

Jace lifts his head and looks at the doctor with hopeful eyes.

Jace: Are you serious?

Surgeon: Yes. Christmas Eve is the perfect day for this. Don't you think so?

Jace turns to Mary.

Jace: You hear that, Angel? In four days, we'll be together again. Ninety-six more hours apart and then never again.

He leans over and presses a kiss to her forehead.

Jace: We'll never be apart again, baby. Never again.

The doctor claps his hands.

Surgeon: Good. Let's get this show on the road!

He walks to the other side and the others gather around the bed. A nurse goes behind the head of the bed, holding a manual ventilator just in case the lungs aren't working properly. Jace stays where he sits and takes Mary's hand again, interlocking her fingers. Doctor, after the necessary procedures...