Our First Morning

~ NEXT DAY ~

It's 6:00 a.m. and I'm wide awake, which is very unusual for me. Today I opened my eyes before my alarm clock went off. Yet I had only slept for four hours. Surprisingly, I'm not tired at all. I get out of bed and go to the bathroom. I stand in front of the sink and wash my face.

As I look at my reflection, I see something I haven't seen in a very long time. I'm smiling for no reason at all!

 I'm smiling for no reason at all!

This is unusual. There must be a reason, but the only reason I can think of is Jace! As I get ready, last night's dreams come to mind.

Hot and steamy dreams. Dreams with him. My hands touch the places he touched me. My neck, my cleavage, my breasts, my ribs, my stomach, and on down. I have never had these kinds of dreams before. At least not with anyone I knew. Like other girls in the world, I had sexual fantasies with my favorite actors, but these dreams were innocent, the hidden desires of a teenager.

The dreams I had last night, however, were something else entirely. Along with the passion, lust, desire, and physical pleasure, there was love. Not the ordinary affection that everyone knows, but the other kind. The absolute love. The love that you only experience once in a lifetime and that lasts forever.

Love between me and Jace. Yeah, sure! Maybe me, but never him. He'll never love me. Whatever! A girl can dream, right? Let me put dreams aside and focus on real life. I wear my uniform and run to the kitchen to prepare Jace's breakfast. Homer's there with another maid. Doesn't that man ever sleep?

Homer: Good morning, my dear.

Mary: Good morning, Homer. Did you have a good night's sleep?

Homer: An exceptionally good one! How about you?

Mary: Same here.

Homer: I'm glad, but what are you doing up so early?

Mary: Mr. Jace told me to wake him at seven with his breakfast ready.

Homer: I see! Very well then, you should get started, but first, let me introduce you to one of your co-workers. This is Jennifer, she takes care of the kitchen. Jennifer, this is Mary, Mr. Jace's personal maid.

I turn to the woman and offer her my hand. She shakes it happily.

Mary: Pleased to meet you, Jennifer.

Jennifer: So, you are the new girl, huh? It's nice to meet you too, but I must warn you that all the female staff in the house hate you.

Mary: What? Why do they hate me? They don't even know me.

Homer: JENNIFER!

Jennifer: What, Mr. Homer? The girl needs to be warned.

Mary: Jennifer, please tell me, why do they hate me? Are you one of them?