Meeting The Gang

~ SHORTLY BEFORE SEVEN ~

I'm locked in the bathroom right now putting the finishing touches on my look. I look at my reflection in the mirror.

This strapless synthetic snakeskin short dress is the most expensive piece in my wardrobe. It belonged to my mother. My father had given it to her for one of her anniversaries.

 My father had given it to her for one of her anniversaries

I love this dress. It reminds me of my parents and the great love that existed between them. I chose it because I think it's appropriate for the occasion. But on second thought...

Where the hell am I supposed to go like this?

Jace is Jace. Even in rags, he's a walking, living God. Matt's a supermodel. He makes his living in expensive clothes. Alexander and Simon must have pieces in their closets that cost more than all my belongings and as for Isabella... Don't even get me started.

And here I am! A sheep among wolves. How the hell am I supposed to fit in?

The voice of Jace interrupts my inner struggle.

Jace : ANGEL? WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THERE ? COME ON ! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE AND MATT WILL EXPLODE !

With one last look in the mirror, I take a deep breath and open the door.

Mary: Here goes nothing!!

I leave the bathroom and my breath leaves my body at the same time. Jace is standing in the doorway and he is... Well! Simply stunning!

The tight, black leather pants delicately hug his narrow hips and make his flawless ass look even more flawless. The white silk shirt is simply adorable as it hugs his taut chest and the steely biceps in his arms. And then there's that collarbone, barely visible through the first two open buttons at the top. How sexy is that bone!!!

I stare at him stupidly, but so does he

I stare at him stupidly, but so does he. He looks at me with love, desire, and ... Admiration?! His words make me feel like a goddess at the very least!

Jace: Angel! Fuck! Why are you doing this to me? You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Mary: Then you've seen a lot less beautiful things than you think.