CHAPTER 25

Karna was resting in guest room provided to him by kuru kingdom. After a while a servant came and said to Karna that Kauravas along with Ashwatthama are waiting for him in the practice ground. Karna immediately left as he was getting bored, resting when he wasn't tired is not his cup of tea. He was itching to do something and this would be perfect for him to pass his time. He followed rhe servant and reached the practice ground. He was shocked to see not only his new friends along with kauravas but Pandavas with Dronacharya were also present but clearly the group was divided in two parts and Dronacharya was standing with his favourite Pandavas. He didn't pay them any attention or greeted them but instead he went towards his friends.

Dronacharya and Pandavas were very angry with the attitude of petty suta who is undermining their status. Bheem who was angry at Karna for several reasons couldn't help but say.

Bheem : Sutputra, how dare you insult us.

Karna (mockingly) : Are you out of your mind foolish creature, just your body is of stature of elephant but you don't have brain equal to an ant. How have i insulted you.

Bheem : Audacious Sutputra, you haven't greeted us, what is it if not insult. Do you not know how to greet someone superior to you.

Karna : I will greet them if i met them.

Bheem : What do you mean?

Karna : Alas vayudev has not provided with brain if you couldn't understand something so simple. Let me tell you then, you all are not superior to me in any way, infact i ignored you because you are not even worth my attention and time. Vrikodhar this is second time you have interrupted me, don't make me do something to remind you that it isn't a habit good for your health. If i want i can drag you by your hair along with your brothers in entire Hastinapur and no one in this kingdom has power to stop me. Don't force me to bring out my cruel side, your upbringing as delicate princes couldn't handle it. I am warning you for time next time i will take action and remember you are mere prince and forever will be that only no matter who acend to throne whereas i am king. Remember your place and this time just washing feets wouldn't do because that seems easily forgettable for you.

Pandavas and Dronacharya were scared as well as red in embarrassment. Especially when karna said he would drag them with hair, they knew he was completely capable of that, if he did so let alone become yuvraj or king they wouldn't be able to lift their head in entire Aaryavrat. Loosing was bad enough because they could make excuse of him being student of Bhagwan Parshuram and Suryadev, also he is superior to Bheeshma who held title for being best warrior for several decades but dragging would left them no face and they would have to kill themselves to save face only.

Kauravas were enjoying the exchange very much, infact they love hiw Karna handle Pandavas. Duru couldn't control his laugh and said,

Duryodhana : Mitra Karna, you don't have ti worry about Bheem's amnesia, i have prepared something that will help him in remembrance.

Duryodhana call a soldier and told him to bring something from his chamber. Soldier nodded and did so. Now everyone even rest Kauravas and Ashwatthama were intriqued though they knew what Duryodhana would show would be far from helpful. Soon the soldiers return with some frame draped in white clothes. Duryodhana march towards it and removed the clothes and painting was revealed. Seeing the painting the reaction were instantaneous, Kauravas and Ashwatthama laughed, Pandavas were angered while Dronacharya was shocked and angry. Unrevealed painting was of moment Bheem washing feet of parents only the feets of Radha and Adhiratha were there bit thise who know, know.

Duryodhana : Painter did an excellent job and i personally paid him 10000 gold coins for this masterpiece. Bheem this will increase the limelight of my chamber if you want i will recall the painter to give you a copy. Leave it take it i will make another one.